Renewing a driving licence

Renewed mine at Hillsborough post office a couple of years ago they have a booth to take photo and signature that is linked to dvla I think they charge about an extra £5 for checking details and this sevice.

Good luck.

Certainly a scam site. With things like tax etc ALWAYS go direct to the goverment site.

It's the same with these tax rebate sites, the ones like the one for uniform cleaning. The process is free via HMRC yet the site takes a 20% cut.

It depends why you are renewing your licence if it is a change of address and you do it online it is supposed to be free.

Is like trying to join the MI5 with all the information you have to enter though.

It depends why you are renewing your licence if it is a change of address and you do it online it is supposed to be free.

Is like trying to join the MI5 with all the information you have to enter though.

I'm sure I had to pay when I changed address.

Maybe it was because I had previously had the old type paper licence and a plastic thingy was issued?

PLEASE BE CAREFUL! There are a lot of 'check and send' scam sites out there. My husband applied for our daughters provisional and thought he was on the DVLA site because it looked genuine. It was in fact a scam site that checks and sends your application to the DVLA. He paid £50 which he thought was the fee for provisional when in fact it was their charges so you don't think your being scammed. Anyway we had to pay another fee to the DVLA who are aware of these sites but can't do anything about it. In the end it cost us £100 for a £50 provisional license! I also know someone who was stung by £80 on a Passport renewal scam site and have been told same applies for Theory applications.

YES ITS A SCAM . THEY CHARGE YOU FOR FILLING FORMS IN :rant::rant:

In this case why is it a SCAM? They fill the form in for you,they then charge you £50 for the privilage/admin fee.

If it's just the three yearly new licence after reaching the age of 70 you shouldn't pay a penny.

Wait while the DLVA send you your renewal form perhaps a month before your 70th birthday, fill it in and enclose a recent photograph then send it back.

No money to be paid at all for this and the next one is three years later at the age of 73 then 76. It's a type of self assessment of your health but I'm sure one or two white lies are told.

In this case why is it a SCAM? They fill the form in for you,they then charge you £50 for the privilage/admin fee.

ARE YOU FOR REAL. :suspect::suspect:

thanks all, i'm sure a few people will have read this now and will be aware. i finished up sending by post as my OH passport had expired so they wouldnt accept it online, as it had to have 5 years on it.

I am coming up to 70 and thought I would renew my old fashioned paper Driving License on Wednesday via the Gov website, today Saturday, a new plastic one arrived and no money has changed hands. I thought that it would be the the end of carrying the very battered 34 year old paper one around but it seems I will have to carry a waterproof plastic one and a new soggy paper one, such is progress.

You only need to carry the plastic photocard with you day to day. The paper part can be kept somewhere safe at home.

Generally speaking, the only time I've needed the paper part is when hiring a car to show that I have no endorsement.

mine got stolen and I still had to pay £80 no sympathy no nothing!

You got scammed too then. Mine was stolen in a burglary 3 years ago and cost £20 for a replacement.What was a bit naughty was that the replacement had the same expiry date as the old one which was only two years later - so I then had to pay for yet another replacement/renewal last year (still only £20).