Things I'm Sick To Death Of..

top4718

I've put this in the Sheffield section as some are relevant.

I am sick and tired of (some may be uninformed but I dont care):

Mass Immigration - causes far too much strain on an already overflowing country, has effect on schools, hospitals, services etc

Health & Safety - Treating everybody like pampered namby-pambys, there is a place for rigorous H&S in places like the construction industry but it is done in such an OTT way that it almost prevents work being carried out.

Being ripped off - Rip off Britain is a fact, energy companies, supermarkets, insurance companies and so on, we are being royally shafted from all sides until the average punter hardly has a spare penny to boost the flagging economy.

The "big three" political parties - Total and utter waste of time, all three are as corrupt, greedy and in it for themselves as each other and anyone that dares to challenge them is branded a crank or a looney by the media they control, how people can put a cross on a paper for any of these parasites is beyond me.

Sheffield City Council - A grubby bunch of failures masquerading as a legit organisation, awarding idiots £100k + salaries whilst failing to provide even the most basic of services they were established to provide, likened by one critic as being unable to "run a whelk stall", the current failure to do anything to boost this great but ailing city is a disgrace.

Eastenders - I hate this programme with a passion and whoever commissions and watches the Xmas day edition should be ashamed

Big Business Call centres - Devoid of common sense, reason and knowledge

Theres more but I don't have the time just now :hihi:

In regards to the big business call centres- perhaps, the companies are just as you described, but the people working there are real gems, especially knowing what the average british caller is like. And, no, I dont work in one, but recently had a few calls to make and was actually surprised, how tolerant, polite and rather cheerful these people were alongside being really professional. Obviously, I there exclude those based in other countries, where I cant even differ what language I am being greeted in (I speak 3 fluently and understand another 3). Not everyone is the same.

As to the immigrants- I am one myself. I have never dreamed of asking for benefits or anyway else have wrongly used the services provided for me as a tax payer. I agree that the burden of housing and socially supporting many has hardened, but, please remember, that there are tons of people claiming all sorts and not all of them are immigrants. Perhaps, seeing things for what they are and being a bit more thoughtful to others would be a great help.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What winds me up? The ceaseless garbage on the front pages of The Mail and Express especially that pertaining to increasing house prices somehow being something we should be happy about.

Don't read that tripe. Seriously, it's bad for your health. My grandma had her fatal heart attack while reading the Mail :gag:

Can anyone help me out? I'm looking to move to Sheffield and need to know what's hot an what's not? Currently live in Portsmouth xx

Do you mean what area to live? Or do you mean other things like shopping, night life, jobs etc?

Re the area, it all depends on how much money you want to pay out.

Re: MazyBunnyX enquiry regarding moving from Portsmouth to Sheffield.

If I were you I would visit Sheffield for a couple of days during the week. Board a Tinsley to Dore Bus and you'll see East to West through the City Centre. Makes notes as you go along. Then get a map of bus routes and plan a journey from Chesterfield to City Centre, and City Centre to Chapeltown and

Burncross. You will see how the City Fathers have buggered up the City since I was privileged to be a bobby there.

For such a big decision you should make the time to use Google maps to explore the City, get back copies of The Sheffield Star, you might find them on-line, and study the want and for sale ads, and properties for sale. If the taxi ranks are still in Fitzalan Square or Barker's Pool, get in one and be prepared to spend a few quid being driven around whilst you interrogate the driver about the City.

If I had the choice between Portsmouth and Sheffield, I would without doubt decide upon Portsmouth, but that would be my choice.

Good luck and take care.

P.C. Plod

Re: MazyBunnyX enquiry regarding moving from Portsmouth to Sheffield.

If I were you I would visit Sheffield for a couple of days during the week. Board a Tinsley to Dore Bus and you'll see East to West through the City Centre. Makes notes as you go along. Then get a map of bus routes and plan a journey from Chesterfield to City Centre, and City Centre to Chapeltown and

Burncross. You will see how the City Fathers have buggered up the City since I was privileged to be a bobby there.

For such a big decision you should make the time to use Google maps to explore the City, get back copies of The Sheffield Star, you might find them on-line, and study the want and for sale ads, and properties for sale. If the taxi ranks are still in Fitzalan Square or Barker's Pool, get in one and be prepared to spend a few quid being driven around whilst you interrogate the driver about the City.

If I had the choice between Portsmouth and Sheffield, I would without doubt decide upon Portsmouth, but that would be my choice.

Good luck and take care.

P.C. Plod

Good advice there:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love Portsmouth! Shall we just swap? Lol xx

• 9 months later...