Help with electric shower

Ok so I went to get a shower this morning and switched it on and only cold water came through! Any ideas why!? It's an electric shower one with a pulley switch on if that makes sense?

Sorry I'm a bit dumb when it comes to these things any help would be appreciated :)

The shower must be getting a supply otherwise you wouldn't get any water through. You are best calling an electrition in electric can kill if you don't know what your doing & add the water & it's even easier to have an accident! Just be carefull!

Yes electric is on..! I think so electrician it is then - thank you for your help

---------- Post added 13-12-2013 at 07:21 ----------

Sorry in reply to that message yes water is coming through just cold and the switch is on the same as normal so no changes if that makes sense!?

Have you tried turning up the temperature on the shower see what happens as if it's just a small problem like it's not setting temperature right, might be worth persevering with it rather than get somebody out. You might also want to try and find a part p registered plumber to look at it for you I case it's something more than an electrical fault.

Thanks for your help what do you mean by part P thank you

Edited by danamy
wrong info

I have had my electric shower replaced twice in the last few years (under insurance thankfully) They won't replace a part they'll have to replace the whole thing as seems to be the done thing these days.

That's what I'm thinking a new shower fun days! Well I'm in the process of sorting this now but guessing it isn't going to be cheap...!

If you do decide on a new shower we would be happy to fit it for you.

Pm sent

might help to post the make and model number too

If you are removing the front for belt n braces, I'd turn off the mcb fuse also.

Should be labelled

It could just be the thermostat and in some showers they are replacable. Take the make and model number and either check the company website or ring them up.

Some of the newer showers you could do with a degree in physics to work them out, a nightmare for old foagy plumbers like me lol.

Check Screwfix and other places like B & Q for offers on new showers can pick up some good ones if you need to get one.

To me it sounds as though the thermostat or the heating element has given up. I'm only guessing as that is what happened to mine a couple of years ago.

If you can take it apart, make sure the water and electric is switched off first. If you think you may be able to replace those parts yourself once you have had a look inside, the parts should be easy enough to get hold of.

Replacing showers are fairly simple to do, sometimes eaiser than replacing parts, but if you do not feel confident enough to do so, then plumbers shouldn't charge that much.