Daft pictures of hard done to people in the 'papers'

Thought I'd bump my favourite thread on here by sharing this wonderful little compilation I came across. Check out number 4 for what is possibly one of THE most wonderfully angry and hard done too faces I've seen. She is working it! Also, the rest of these non-news stories/headlines are class too!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/45-earth-shattering-local-news-headlines?s=mobile

Ha! Some corkers there. Reminds me of the one I saw in Northumberland a while back : 'Parking Agony for Berwick Residents'.

They were clearly short of TV news last night, as several channels ran the non-story about a dull couple who did not win the Lottery because they did not buy a ticket. It seems that if they had bought a ticket (which they didn't), they would have chosen the numbers (which they didn't) which went on to win £2 million. But they didn't, and felt hard done by. They kept saying things like 'We're just gutted. We could have had a nice house and a new car' and explaining that they forgot to buy a ticket because they were busy packing to go on holiday.

In fact, they were very like me - I didn't buy a ticket either and nor did I win. But they didn't ask me to be on the news and I am not moaning that I can't have a new car. I'm not even going on holiday.

Edited by aliceBB

Bit cruel perhaps, but I had to laugh at the poor old chap of 90 who had been posting his letters in the dog poo bin for the past two years.

You need to remember they come in twos. Camera man and the mouth. The mouth is the one telling you what to do. Can you look a little more sadder, Maybe it would be best to have a photo in the swing park etc etc. After taking hundreds of photos they then decide what one to use.

---------- Post added 19-10-2014 at 01:09 ----------

Years ago when my boy was a freelance photographer he was told…. If you do not get that jumper all the way down from the block of flats we wont use you again. Its heartless. Again it was him and the mouth. He hated it. The way the mouth would manipulate people. He moved on and stopped working for the rags.

Thought I'd bump my favourite thread on here by sharing this wonderful little compilation I came across. Check out number 4 for what is possibly one of THE most wonderfully angry and hard done too faces I've seen. She is working it! Also, the rest of these non-news stories/headlines are class too!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/45-earth-shattering-local-news-headlines?s=mobile

I read #33 as "battles". It's an entertaining thought, but I think it's a sign I need sleep!

Its like the regular flount school uniform pictures you see in the Sheffield Star.

Also this is my contribution to the discussion from the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/great-grandmother-sacked-charity-shop-because-6042823

She said its because she cant use a computer. Its probably because she had a bad attitude.

I don't know why, but some of the photos in the press really make me laugh ... take this one for example :hihi:

Here we see Mr. Colin Marsh (Heston Blumenthal lookalikey) and his closely bunched together family really trying a bit too hard to pose for the DM photographer.

A sad tale of woe, whereby Colin bought an iPad from Tesco in Whitstable (Kent), only to get it home and discover that the packaging contained not a brand new iPad, but three lumps of clay.

When he complained, the Police intervened and locked him in a cell for three hours because they suspected him of trying to defraud the Supermarket in question ... no charges were made and everyone lived happily ever after.

To my way of thinking, even the story's amusing, but the photo's superb! If Colin tried any harder to stare at the camera, I'm sure his eyes'd explode!

His wife (also staring intently at the camera) is obviously amused, but seems to have a 'get me out of here' embarrassed expression on her face ... probably imagining the amount of stick she's going to get from family and friends (but at the same time realising how much thy're getting paid for the photo).

The new iPad (held by the equally intently staring daughter) showing a photo of the lumps of clay that were the previous iPad is a master-stroke for this posed picture.

I love this photo so much, I thought I'd share it on here (some will tell me off, I'm sure).

However, there're loads of pictures like this ... often in our own lovely rag, the Star.

I thought maybe people would like to contribute to this thread by adding their own daft pictures (with brief synopsis) ... could be quite a laugh! :)

Do you honestly think for one minute that the family decided on how the photo should be taken? Or do you think the news paper may have suggested the way to sit and look?!?!?

Just saw this and thought of this thread.

Hair like a leopard, face like a smacked badger.

Smile love, youre face wont crack you know.