Soon to be homeless - where to go?

Due to family fall out I'll soon have no where to live, in need of a council flat but no idea where to start, as I'm only 18 I've never dealt with anything like this before. Where do I need to go? I heard redvers house but wanted to double check. Got somewhere to stay for the next week or so got a bit of time on my side, be good to hear from anyone who's been in a similar situation too if you have any advice!

Cheers

Joe

Due to family fall out I'll soon have no where to live, in need of a council flat but no idea where to start, as I'm only 18 I've never dealt with anything like this before. Where do I need to go? I heard redvers house but wanted to double check. Got somewhere to stay for the next week or so got a bit of time on my side, be good to hear from anyone who's been in a similar situation too if you have any advice!

Cheers

Joe

Go to Howden house and tell them you are homeless with nowhere to live and need help on what to do, they will help you with a housing application and advise on what help they can give you.

If you are a single bloke with no health or drug problems and not disabled than I'm afraid the help offered is very limited.

I would not tell them you have somewhere to stay for the next week or so either.

I would see the housing team ASAP.

Good luck.

I was made homeless at 15 (long story but it was forced on me by siblings) and I went to Howden house, they put me in touch with various hostels that were willing to take me on at such a young age. If I was you id get there early though as it gets very busy!

Best of luck!

Must be the time of year this was done yesterday. Go to Shelter first. I suggest in person

Shelter is just across the road from what used to eb Redgates, Co op

and TK Maxx. Go in person and tell them.

Its just across the road from Howden House and also the property shop.

Furnival House, 48 Furnival Gate, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4QP

Phone:0844 515 1980

Also nip across the road to the p[roperty shop and put your name on the housing register.

People for places do a young persons thing check we them

Cheers

Joe

https://www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk/Data/ASPPages/1/65.aspx

I'm a bit surprised that nobody's said, why not sort out the falling out with your family and stay at home?

Sorry to read about your plight and sorry I can't offer any help or advice. Hope you get sorted.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody's said, why not sort out the falling out with your family and stay at home?

This is a great piece of advice.

Is it at all possible to reconcile the situation with the family? Are you absolutely sure that there is no going back, even if you have to swallow your pride? A single male isn't high priority on the housing list so do everything you possibly can to avoid homelessness in the first place.

Best of luck.

Might not be as easy as that. Lets say the OP has "come out" (not saying he has but I would perhaps put money on it in this case). No amount of pleading to homophobic parents is going to change anything.