Soon to be homeless - where to go?

I'm a bit surprised that nobody's said, why not sort out the falling out with your family and stay at home?

This is a great piece of advice.

Is it at all possible to reconcile the situation with the family? Are you absolutely sure that there is no going back, even if you have to swallow your pride? A single male isn't high priority on the housing list so do everything you possibly can to avoid homelessness in the first place.

Best of luck.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody's said, why not sort out the falling out with your family and stay at home?

Might not be as easy as that. Lets say the OP has "come out" (not saying he has but I would perhaps put money on it in this case). No amount of pleading to homophobic parents is going to change anything.

I think my spareroom link is a good suggestion. There's no need to burden the council because of a falling out - what would you do if the council didn't exist? And why get a full place if all you need is a short term room.

Just couch surf at a mates for a few days until you've found some lodgings that suit you.

I had a quick browse for Sheffield and there are some great shares on there, £150 a month for this:

http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=2696036&search_id=149592437&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2Findex.cgi%3F%26search_id%3D149592437%26offset%3D0%26sort_by%3Dprice_low_to_high&

Might not be as easy as that. Lets say the OP has "come out" (not saying he has but I would perhaps put money on it in this case). No amount of pleading to homophobic parents is going to change anything.

Why?

I've just had a quick nosy at some of his posts and nothing stands out to me? You just spurting hatred?

OP: I assume it's something to do with contacting your dad against your families wish, if so, can't your dad help you in some way, maybe a sofa with a duvet?

Why?

I've just had a quick nosy at some of his posts and nothing stands out to me? You just spurting hatred?

I'm gay myself and have first hand knowledge of the whole "coming out" process and other peoples experiences of it. Next question?

(does anything stand out in my posts by the way? We dont all mince around doing Dale Winton impressions, you know)

Edited by No User Name

I'm gay myself. Next question?

(does anything stand out in my posts by the way? We dont all mince around doing Dale Winton impressions, you know)

I've not really looked tbh, but that sort of proves my point? I'm well aware that gay people aren't all Louis Spence in disguise, but again, that sort of proves the point I was making...what grounds do you have to assume the OP is homosexual? I apologise for the 'Hatred' comment, just an assumption, you know what they say about assumptions. If not, you, being guilty of them with no grounds whatsoever, should look it up.

have first hand knowledge of the whole "coming out" process and other peoples experiences of it.

I don't talk to my dad, had a pretty crap family life and now have very little to do with any of my family....does that mean I am gay, christ, I better sit my missus down and talk about it, I must be in denial.

Edited by V.Rossi

I've not really looked tbh, but that sort of proves my point? I'm well aware that gay people aren't all Louis Spence in disguise, but again, that sort of proves the point I was making...what grounds do you have to assume the OP is homosexual? I apologise for the 'Hatred' comment, just an assumption, you know what they say about assumptions. If not, you, being guilty of them with no grounds whatsoever, should look it up.

I don't talk to my dad, had a pretty crap family life and now have very little to do with any of my family....does that mean I am gay, christ, I better sit my missus down and talk about it, I must be in denial.

I saw the age of the OP and the words "falling out" and put two and two together, I'm probably wrong but my point was not all family fallings-out can be resolved by sitting down with a cup of tea and a slice of cake like someone else has suggested.

The post by metalman is sensible about sorting the falling out. It would be nice if it could be and only the OP knows that as none of us know whats happened. There are plenty of reasons why this might not be possible. No harm in considering all options, but it may not be as easy as just getting your own flat off the Council as he wouldnt be a priority case.

I agree with your point, not all family fall outs can be resolved, most can with time and patience but not all (Maybe should have just left it there eh?) but at the same time, I agree with the poster that it may be worth a shot, but then, I don't know the facts, you don't know the facts and the only people that do are the OP and his family.

I would say to the OP though, you aren't going to be classed as any sort of priority and at best you will probably get a bed in a homeless hostel with drug abusers and all kinds of nastiness, even if the end result seems bleak right now, I would suggest at least giving it a shot, if it can't be resolved then at least you know you tried and gave it your best, I'm a pretty stubborn person and without knowing your story, if I faced either having to swallow pride or living with the scum of the earth, having to watch over my shoulder and keep all my possessions padlocked to my being 24hrs a day (Trust me, I've been there not far off your age) then I know what I'd choose...either way I hope it all works out for you.