Sheffield Pub List

Cheers!!!

When I say pubs I mean Pubs and not wine bars or chain bars like Yates.

I will now have a nosey at these pictures - once again cheers.

What I am going to try and do is organise a few crawls for me to do and try and pin point where the pubs are on the map.

will keep you posted on here for anybody who is interested.

---------- Post added 15-10-2013 at 21:49 ----------

Its not a comprehensive list. I may of gotten bored with the idea in 2007.

K.

What a superb collection of pictures!!!

I always take a photo from outside every pub I drink in ... did you have a pint in all these????

Is there a page or a site, that lists all the pubs that are currently open in Sheffield? I intend to visit them all as I have done when I lived in Leeds and York.

Also - A question - How many pubs have closed in Sheffield in the last 10 years? I don't think I have seen any city in England with so many boarded up/empty boozers. Such a shame!!

You haven't a chance. They open and shut quicker than you can get round them. At any one time there are around 500 bars/pubs etc in Sheffield, but the turnover is huge.

I have a list of around 2000+ that have operated in Sheffield in the last 150 years

We used to have a map on the wall in our office that was very much like the London Tube map with different coloured routes, but instead of stations it listed pub names.

Has anybody else seen this map?

I'm sure there were somewhere between 400 and 500 pubs listed. I was surprised how many I'd been in, probably about 75% of them.

Regards

Doom

Here is my photo collection of 234 Sheffield pubs. I took these pictures between 2003 and 2007 so quite a few have closed and few have been renamed. Those that I know have closed have been noted as such in the description.

Good luck on your Quest.

K.

Nice work mate!!

Although it's quite sad to see pubs that are now closed.

We used to have a map on the wall in our office that was very much like the London Tube map with different coloured routes, but instead of stations it listed pub names.

Has anybody else seen this map?

I'm sure there were somewhere between 400 and 500 pubs listed. I was surprised how many I'd been in, probably about 75% of them.

Regards

Doom

Doom,

I was in the Carlton Saturday on Attercliffe Road, they have the same or similar map on the wall in the pool room, very interesting read.