Does this happen to anyone else?

I'm sat here trying to concentrate on what I'm doing and I've got this stupid tune in my head ... 'Bang Bang' by BA Robertson! :gag:

I've checked on You-tube and it was released in 1979 ... probably about the last time I heard it. Thing is, I seem to know most of the words! ... I never paid it much attention when it came out, so how can this be?

It's driving me round the bend! :loopy:

Anyone else get stuff like this happening to them, any tips on what to do, and why does this happen?

Yes, tunes from long ago keep popping into my head too.

It's particularly annoying when I can't put a name to the tune.

I had 'Turning Japanese' going round in my head at work this morning. I cant remember the last time I heard it!

It's probably been played on some advert, or covered by a faceless pop-group recently.

or maybe you just heard it playing in a shop when you were last out.

Morissons tend to play an odd selection of music.

My "head radio" is on constantly, I can't seem to turn it off. I've realised that most tunes are triggered by words I hear in conversation or on telly etc.

Or by people mentioning songs on the Forum......good song though, "Lord Nel and Lady Hamilton....."

I usually get that syndrome when for instance I arrive at work, having listened to the radio. It's usually the last song I heard on there before I switch off the engine. What I really find irritating, is it mostly happens with songs I really dislike!!!...Even more irritating, is I seem to know the words of them too!....The only cure I've found is to play something else that you do like, when you've got an irritating song in your head!

My "head radio" is on constantly, I can't seem to turn it off. I've realised that most tunes are triggered by words I hear in conversation or on telly etc.

Or by people mentioning songs on the Forum......good song though, "Lord Nel and Lady Hamilton....."

lol, just like me, its a curse sometimes, somebody just mentioning a band or song triggers me off and I need to listen to it

All the time, I put Radio Sheffield on in the morning before I come to work and it's usually the month and year competition whereby the DJ gives news articles and chart songs or a particular month and year and listeners have to guess which it is. The catchy early morning songs usually float around in my head all day.

I usually get that syndrome when for instance I arrive at work, having listened to the radio. It's usually the last song I heard on there before I switch off the engine. What I really find irritating, is it mostly happens with songs I really dislike!!!...Even more irritating, is I seem to know the words of them too!....The only cure I've found is to play something else that you do like, when you've got an irritating song in your head!

Don't like music when I'm concentrating ... that's the thing! It's getting worse now ... Hayzee Fantayzee keeps popping in with 'Shiny, shiny'! Think I'm having a breakdown. I wonder if your brain stores all this sort of stuff without you knowing about it? ... may go for a walk.

It happens to me all the time, most of the time its this song.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFy1luxL0A

Don't like music when I'm concentrating ... that's the thing! It's getting worse now ... Hayzee Fantayzee keeps popping in with 'Shiny, shiny'! Think I'm having a breakdown. I wonder if your brain stores all this sort of stuff without you knowing about it? ... may go for a walk.

What requires that much concentration?...:)

What requires that much concentration?...:)

Doing an oil painting at the mo. Just been for a walk and forgot about the music, sat down and ... it's back again! :(