TV Licence rip off-Anyone else ?

But it just isn't TV licences. MY antivirus cover in due to expire in a couple of weeks so I get an irritating pop-up message every 10 minutes telling me to renew their services, but I know if I do it now, I'll loose a couple of weeks cover.

Theres very little on tv worth watching,i use the various players and dont watch programmes live,therefore i dont need a licence.

I had a visit about 8 months ago,and they have now taken me off thier list,as when they TV licence guy came,i was streaming cricket from my laptop to my TV,most live sports are available via streams as are the latest movies.

Its 3 years since i last forked out for a tv licence.

I have just received notice that my TV licence is up for renewal on or before 31st August. All very well except I purchased it in September 2012 (25th)

It's supposed to be for twelve months unless I'm very much mistaken. I contacted them and they say that it runs from the 1st of a month and they cannot change the expiry date on my licence. It's a right flippin rip off, has anyone else had this ?

Ive never had this but that because i dont have a tv license. When they turn up at the door i just tell them i dont need one and they go off on their merry little way.

Hi Whitehorses nice to have you back

Cressy :)

Aw Thanks Cressy, I have been Keeping an eye on here from time to time:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 17-08-2013 at 15:30 ----------

It's no different from many other subscriptions, Car Tax being a common example.

So we have another moaner blaming the world for their own inability to check things out for themselves.

Firstly, I didn't check things out because when I'm told I'm buying something 'ANNUALLY' that USED to mean twelve months when I was at school. Maybe it's changed since it went metric ?:hihi:

I don't think I blamed the world did I ?

And as for you saying 'WE ' have another moaner, I don't think you can speak for everyone else, it's not your party you know.

What ? were you waiting in the wings for me , like some kind of demented forum wasp ?

I have just received notice that my TV licence is up for renewal on or before 31st August. All very well except I purchased it in September 2012 (25th)

It's supposed to be for twelve months unless I'm very much mistaken. I contacted them and they say that it runs from the 1st of a month and they cannot change the expiry date on my licence. It's a right flippin rip off, has anyone else had this ?

It is unfair however given the high quality of programming we pay our licence fee for. Sherlock and Doctor Who being two very good examples. Its worth it. As well as once you've renewed it. You only pay this licence fee once ever. As you can transfer your licence fee to a new house if ever you move.