Where is the best place to get wood for a log burner?

Hello All!

In the process of gutting a house and have tonnes of wood (joists, planks, fences, floor boards, decking, celing struts etc). Let me know if anyone needs any for their woodburners or for bonfires. Collection from Woodseats road.

Cheers...

I am a tree surgeon and a vast supply of seasoned hardwood logs for sale with free delivery within 10 miles of Dronfield. Sold in bulk builders bags (1m cubed). £50 per bag.

call 07776101929 for further information.

Edited by davidw1

Just wondering, do you have to get chimneys swept with wood-burning stoves?

Granma.

Yes..

Once a year.

just to let people no if you burn treated wood it can set fire to your chimney as it lines your chimney which can set fire . so free wood aint always the best way to go . any Q please feel free to ask . many thanks .

Agreed.

Treated wood will create excess tar in the chimney and create the risk of a chimney fire.

Yes ! Once each quarter it's in use.

Load of rubbish.....yearly is quite sufficient.

Burn during the winter months, and a clean before the following winter.

Yes..

Once a year.

Agreed.

Treated wood will create excess tar in the chimney and create the risk of a chimney fire.

Load of rubbish.....yearly is quite sufficient.

Burn during the winter months, and a clean before the following winter.

The advice given by both The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps and The National Association of Chimney Sweeps is "quarterly when in use" when burning wood.

Obviously there are many factors that determine how frequently a chimney should be swept including frequency of use, quality of fuel used and bad burning practice...slumbering a stove....trying to achieve an overnight burn etc.

I always base my recommendation, after a sweep, on the quality of soot and the condition of the flue.

On metal liners that I consider to only need sweeping annually , I advise that instead of sweeping just before the winter, sweep in the spring ( when the appliance will be out of use until winter. This way you don't have corrosive soot sitting on your liner all summer.

Edited by robthesweep

The advice given by both The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps and The National Association of Chimney Sweeps is "quarterly when in use" when burning wood.

Obviously there are many factors that determine how frequently a chimney should be swept including frequency of use, quality of fuel used and bad burning practice...slumbering a stove....trying to achieve an overnight burn etc.

I always base my recommendation, after a sweep, on the quality of soot and the condition of the flue.

On metal liners that I consider to only need sweeping annually , I advise that instead of sweeping just before the winter, sweep in the spring ( when the appliance will be out of use until winter. This way you don't have corrosive soot sitting on your liner all summer.

Or of course we could all follow Allens advice...:D

Rob, being as I know you so well I'll go with your advice, I was going to ask you about 1/4ly cleaning; now burning wood but you've answered my question mate.

BTW anyone wanting a sweep then trust me Rob is the man

Pete