Where is the best place to get wood for a log burner?

Sorry but the following question is not linked to the subject but i would appreciate any help.

I have a wood stove with a new flue liner, in order to help circulate the heat to upper floors on the property i wondered weather it would be wise and weather it would work if i were to install vents in the chimney breast upstairs.

my thinking is, that the air around the flue would be hot and exit the vents and heat each room

my doubts or questions really are weather a: is this wise due to proximity to flue and b: weather hot air or cold air would exit the vents( surely it would be hot as heat rises and cannot exit the chimney above the roof due to cement surroundinmg the flue liner

any advice would help

thanks

THANKS

yeah your right it is baking it is an 8kw defra stove however we struggle moving the heat to the upstairs, any ideas? i have read about the fans but they sound like they will circulate only in the room it is in.

also we struggle controlling the air input which i think is down to it being a defra stove hence continuous air input to reduce smoking. does anyone have any ideas with this ? the most we can get is perhaps 2- 3 hours burning wood

a flue damper perhaps? not really too sure how these work and weather it may encourage smoke back in the room.

Thanks again for any advice in advance

THANKS

yeah your right it is baking it is an 8kw defra stove however we struggle moving the heat to the upstairs, any ideas? i have read about the fans but they sound like they will circulate only in the room it is in.

also we struggle controlling the air input which i think is down to it being a defra stove hence continuous air input to reduce smoking. does anyone have any ideas with this ? the most we can get is perhaps 2- 3 hours burning wood

a flue damper perhaps? not really too sure how these work and weather it may encourage smoke back in the room.

Thanks again for any advice in advance

Mine is also an 8kw stove...and it's baking hot.

Fortunately I have an open plan staircase and the heat transfers to the landing..

I purposely keep the bedroom doors closed as I don't like a hot bedroom....my bedroom being directly above the living room.

The bedroom wall is warmed by the chimney (lined) flue sufficient to keep the chill off. I doubt that creating a vent would increase the warmth.

It's a strange stove if you can't control the airflow?