Where is the best place to get wood for a log burner?

I am having a new log burner fitted and wondered where the best place was to get the wood please?

I work for rosewood loft creations and may be able to sort you out with endless anounts of wood if your interested

I work for rosewood loft creations and may be able to sort you out with endless anounts of wood if your interested

'Endless'? A bold promise!

We have about 9 jobs on the go that are all been striped out. The gaffer has a log burner in his house and had enough wood from 1 job to keep him going for the year

I wondered if your offer of wood was still on please?

Hi, I'm interested in wood for my woodburner... can collect if it will fit into my nissan micra?

Try any skip-hire firm. They now have to pay extra to tip wood so have large amounts in their yards and usually just give it away to folk for bonfires in November to get rid of it.

I'm always interested in cheap, free wood for my log burner? Can collect.

Ecclesall Wood, Saw Mill, Abbey Lane. I get mine from there in big sacks, and they're cheap.

It is getting cheaper to burn wood than gas again. I don't have a wood burner but used to cut wood in my grandmothers forest many years ago. She had a fancy fireplace in the house, it looked cool and added to the atmosphere.

Now you save money going back to burning wood.

B&Q Darnall sell logs

Try the fencing place on Archer road, I know they will give away wood they don't want as most places have to pay to have it taken away, try any place that works with wood and may need to get shut of it I'm sure they are the same