Tram route closures for tramlines festival - times?

Anybody know what times the tram routes will be closed into the City Centre on Saturday and Sunday?

I know - I can't see anything on there either - but there are green signs on lamp posts on West Street - I just can't make it out when I'm on the tram :-)

The signs don't mention the tram route. That's on as normal (minus the stuff on the Blue/Purple Routes)

The signs are probably directing people to the various paid venues

There are no tram lines closed as a result of the festival and in fact the tram is a great way of travelling up and down between many of the venues - trams will run regularly between Sheffield Station, Cathedral, West Street and Shalesmoor. a £3 day ticket will be sold for this central area alongside the normal £4 Dayrider.

There is rail replacement work going on however affecting the routes to Halfway/Herdings - buses are replacing trams between Castle Square and Gleadless Townend and Gleadless Townend-Herdings Park.

Trams to Meadowhall, Middlewood, Malin Bridge and Sheffield Station are unaffected.

If you are travelling to venues away from the tram route, get off the tram at West Street and join the free Busker Bus service from outside the Hop bar.

I believe there's a special Saturday / Sunday ticket for tram use available for £7, saving a quid.

There is some work going on in town on the tramlines but this isnt until next weekend and the weekend after, my leaflet says "City Hall Worksite" and can only imagine this will be a total closure between Cathedral and Shalesmoor on both days over those weekends (due to places where the tram can turn round).

Park & Ride at Nunnery Square and Middlewood:

£4.50 for days car parking and an all day tram pass for the driver.

LEISURE OFFERS:

Friday after 6pm:

Adult £2.50

Family £4.50

Saturday/Sunday all day

Family £6.50

Family ticket includes car parking plus tram travel for up to 2 adults and 2 children.

All above tickets are sold at the car park machine. Travel for additional passengers should be purchased from the tram conductor as normal.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/parkandridesheffield/

There are two large yellow signs relating to road closures just off West Street - we've managed to read them today - and they show that two of the actual "side" roads are closed during Saturday and Sunday....

Thanks all!

I believe there's a special Saturday / Sunday ticket for tram use available for £7, saving a quid.

A quid? Woaahhhh!