Crime scene at top of Halifax Road - False imprisonment verdict

I'm sure boyfriday is just as appalled about the whole thing as everyone else. But he's right. What has smashing the windows achieved? Nothing!

Reporting a crime and intervening in order to prevent or stop something happening is NOT the same as damaging someone's property.

You'd think the police would've coned the area off to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

You'd think the police would've coned the area off to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

I thought that too. There was a police van outside the property during the day yesterday but when we walked past with our dogs yesterday evening, it had gone. Myself and my boyfriend both said we were expecting police to be there overnight to prevent the property being damaged. An hour later we saw on Facebook that the windows had all been smashed. It was pretty obvious something like that would happen!

Hey, let's smash the windows and make the place look a dump. Why, who cares about the neighbours who, since these awful crimes made national headlines, have enough to put up with?

Vigilantism at its dumbest worst.

Was there anyone in the house, haven't they been locked up ????

The guilty ones have mate.

The guilty ones have mate.

They'll get what's coming to them in prison m8 ;)

There's 2 daughters. They were probably in the house. Someone was definitely in as all the lights and the tv was on and the dogs were out in the yard.

Couldnt agree more mate .

i know mates daughter had wing mirrors kicked off...police response was a slap on wrists...scroats dad woke up to find his car under builders rubble...note saying ask your son why we did this....eye for an eye only way

Just heard David Rooke has had a bit of a beating. Shame...

Just heard David Rooke has had a bit of a beating. Shame...

Yes, I think it is a shame, but it's understandable; there's always someone in jail who'll want to look the big man by beating up another prisoner.

Good on them I say.

So what if there were other family members in the house, make em feel scared like they made that poor lad. They turned a blind eye so serves them right.

And as for the neibours who are worried about their area looking like a dump and having a bad name, well maybe someone should have done something to try and stop it before it got to this. You're not telling me nobody noticed when it was happening in plain view.

Good on them I say.

So what if there were other family members in the house, make em feel scared like they made that poor lad. They turned a blind eye so serves them right.

And as for the neibours who are worried about their area looking like a dump and having a bad name, well maybe someone should have done something to try and stop it before it got to this. You're not telling me nobody noticed when it was happening in plain view.

Good on some scrotey oik throwing a brick through the window? Shame on you.