Lookers, Customers for Life.. unless you bought an Alfa from them!

I remember going in to FIAT a couple of years ago when I had one, for something (I forget now) and I asked one of the salesman there how the new FIAT's got on with their reputation of unreliability. He must have spent 10 minutes trying to convince me they were amazing cars.

Th Alfa Sud was well known for body rot and rusted when driving through mist, they did sound nice though.

A few good ones survived tho.

This one is showroom condition............nearly:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980-ALFA-ROMEO-ALFASUD-1-5-5-SPEED-PROJECT-SPARES-OR-REPAIRS-BARN-FIND-/281123631531?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item41744631ab

The Italians should stick to producing washing machines. Their vehicles are and always have been poor quality and temperamental.

I wasn't aware that Alfa's lasted more than 2 years?:huh:

My brother in laws did, it lasted for about five years in the same spot until the scrap men took it away.

The newer ones are lovely machines, such a shame about the switchgear problems :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 12:19 ----------

:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 26-06-2013 at 12:20 ----------

Th Alfa Sud was well known for body rot and rusted when driving through mist, they did sound nice though.

Thats what my brother in law had, I think it had VW Scirrocco alloys on it which caused it to squeal like Billyo on every single turn :hihi:

We had the same problem with GK Penistone Rd.Bought a new Mazda had its serviced there then told everything moving to Mansfield.All service records for the car are held on Mazdas database which is more secure than GCHQ.Have now started a paper record but cant fault the car.

I used to work with a bloke who had a new Sud every two years. He said it was the only car that could him the performance he wanted for the price he could afford.

I always thought his economics were a bit dodgy - now I know he must have wanted to get shut before it changed colour.

I remember going in to FIAT a couple of years ago when I had one, for something (I forget now) and I asked one of the salesman there how the new FIAT's got on with their reputation of unreliability. He must have spent 10 minutes trying to convince me they were amazing cars.

F ix

I t

A gain

T omorrow

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Datsun cherry Europe a short lived collaboration a Datsun body with an Alfa engine worst of both worlds.

The Italians should stick to producing washing machines. Their vehicles are and always have been poor quality and temperamental.

Absolute nonsense of course. And let's not even get started on British cars.

This thread is full of lazy 1980s stereotypes from people who appear to know sod all.

Absolute nonsense of course. And let's not even get started on British cars.

This thread is full of lazy 1980s stereotypes from people who appear to know sod all.

Yes like land rovers, jaguars etc... So unreliable.

Bought a kia sportage on 29/6/13 from lookers kia, got as far as darnal and broke down spoke to andy ellis manager who sent tech out who then rang recovery truck. Waited a week picked car up again got home then popped out, broke down again. Was told lie after lie an blame pushed from dept tp dept. Couldnt/wouldnt give refund till monday. Told me he sorted refund but next day accounts dept new nothing about it. Aftrr few phone calls managed to get refund but lookers insisted i take my part-ex back saying i broke the contract ! Take my advise and dont buy from lookers the salesman even told me the car had leeked fluid just before it left the showroom!

Alfas are so unreliable.......*rolls eye* Can only be said by someone who hasnt owned a modern Alfa.

Autoexpress drive power 2013 awards the Guiletta in the top 10 best cars. Our Alfa is now approaching 6 years old and the only parts that have failed are the General Motors parts.....e.g. the EGR valve. some people need to leave the 80's and early 90's illusions in the past!

My 2001 punto also has given me no problems in the past 2 years. only routine maintenance required.....e.g. servicing and Cambelt! My brother Audi And his corsa before that on the other hand....