Is Sheffield a friendly city?

Depends where you live, I guess.

I moved here a year ago to be with my finace and have found it very friendly. I'm in S7 so a proper mix of white ex-grads, white w/c, and Asian (tho within 3 houses they're Pak, Bengal and Indian so very mixed too), local shop is Yemeni. We speak to loads of people nearby and have sparked up conversations with strangers that have become friends. Having a talkative and inquisitive small boy with you often helps too :)

We often leave back and front doors unlocked tho not while we're out of course.

I moved from Bradford, which always struck me as pretty polarised and miserable.

And I reckon it'd be quite different in Sheffield in an outer city place where everyone only goes out by car, or nearly everyone's old

Who stands and has a chat with their neighbors nowadays?

Hold on, let's turn back the clocks even further... Who leaves their doors unlocked so your neighbors can let themselves in for a cuppa?

I ask, because of all the hysteria surrounding cultural integration.

Is it really a problem, or are people just busier these days?

Hey up Jabroni, we still chat with our neighbours and when one of them next door knocks on back door we say just come in, but they won't. I don't think it has anything to do with cultural integration, it because it's because of the thieving scum that roam our city.

I don't care if someone is black, white, green or purple if they are a friend of mine they come in our home, I can remember in the 60's my mum was always popping next door, and vice versa.

Sadly we cannot do this now, due to scum; in answer to your question yes I feel Sheffield is STILL A FRIENDLY city.