Does God Exist?

....And the winner is - once there was absolutely nothing and it exploded and it made everything :loopy:. I think the God version makes more sense :).

once there was absolutely nothing and it exploded and it made everything

Are you talking about "the big bang"?

If you are, then you clearly don't understand that the term "big bang" was/is basically "Creation For Dummies" and a (tremendous) over-simplification..

I think the God version makes more sense :).

And in relation to this thread.... So where's the proof?

....And the winner is - once there was absolutely nothing and it exploded and it made everything :loopy:. I think the God version makes more sense :).

I think your a total nut job!

Are you talking about "the big bang"?

If you are, then you clearly don't understand that the term "big bang" was/is basically "Creation For Dummies" and a (tremendous) over-simplification..

And in relation to this thread.... So where's the proof?

The big bang is creation for dummies, god is for dummeis who don't understand the big bang! :hihi:

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

Gods have been believed in for thousands of years do you consider that to be proof that they exist?

The excitement isn't over proving God doesn't exist however, that's a matter of faith, the fun part is using science to learn more about life, the universe and everything :)

The Higgs-Boson is a theory based upon rational principles what makes you think it doesn't exist?

Hi there.

I don't know. Maybe, despite science's faith in these disciplines, it really doesn't exist.

I guess we'll know if we find it (or not).

Yeah, course it does. Omnipotent being creates the universe and then takes up origami for 14 billion years before he gets his hands dirty. Despipte being perfect, he creates humans and doesn't like them much so he kills pretty much everything, men, women, children, animals in a flood. That still doesn't work so he sends himself down to earth as his son to attone for the sins of the imperfect creation of the perfect creator.

His son is killed but is only dead for a couple of days and then he goes to heaven to take up his place with his father and the holy ghost. Makes complete sense to me without even mentioning the snake.

There is an interesting article in the Boston Globe about how facts can backfire and the more one corners someone with facts, the more they hang on to their irrational belief. That would explain a lot.

Well Jesus was born on Christmas day. That couldn't have been a coincidence could it !

Well Jesus was born on Christmas day. That couldn't have been a coincidence could it !

:hihi::hihi:

If God does exist would you want to know him?

1. Our own existence is a proof that there's GOD.

2. How will you explain how our perfect earth came about for us to live in. The moon and the stars, the universe.

3. The water we drink, tasteless, colorless yet nothing will live without it.

4. Everything in existence actually. If Science can give me proof on how we came to live, how everything came to existence then that's the time I can say that there is no GOD.

If God does exist would you want to know him?

2. How will you explain how our perfect earth came about for us to live in. The moon and the stars, the universe.

4. Everything in existence actually. If Science can give me proof on how we came to live, how everything came to existence then that's the time I can say that there is no GOD.

How do you explain the fact that a hole can be the perfect size and shape for a puddle?

1. Our existence is proof that the universe is one long stream of conveniences and fortunate happenings.

2. It's all so logical that the evolution of life was simply a natural occurrence. It's the Goldilocks Theory, the universe was 'just right' for everything to unfold the way it did.

3. How is water proof of god's existence? Life cannot exist (on Earth) without it but that doesn't mean it's not the case elsewhere in the universe.

4. Again. Everything in existence is a bit of a nebulous claim. Evolution already pretty much smashed apart any credibility religious texts had to the development of species, and science has pretty much explained the rest.

There's nothing here that gives any credence to the existence of a divine being. In fact, I can give you five things that blow your argument out of the water, the main one for me is that mankind has felt the need to believe in the supernatural ever since the Sun and the Moon. Psychics, UFOs, ghosts, religion - they're all beliving in something with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Although they do change with the times. 2000 years ago, UFOs were angels and demons...