Facebook Accepts Child Abuse

Having watched aghast at a video shown by Channel 4 News about a Malaysian mother beating up an 8 month old baby.

It was apparently uploaded to Facebook and some guy reported it and according to Facebook: It does not breach our codes of graphic violence!

Hence, Facebook has looked the other way and allowed the video to stay.

For further information, check out this video, be warned however as it may force you to destroy your monitor...

<Link removed >

I am so glad I removed myself from Fakebook as I call it, it is just an advert for show off people who post their every seconds to gain reactions.

Facebook has removed for more trivial things like this like jokes about presidents and terrorists and even people protesting nationalities, WTF.

While Facebook condones sick people beating up babies for all our enjoyment, WTF indeed :loopy:

Edited by mort

It was apparently uploaded to Facebook and some guy reported in and according to Facebook: It does not breach our codes of graphic violence!

Since when did Facebook respond directly to reports?

If it's suitable for Channel 4 news surely it's not so wrong for Facebook, or i'm missing a deeper meaning.

Why is it even allowed on YouTube. I reported it as child abuse.

If it's suitable for Channel 4 news surely it's not so wrong for Facebook, or i'm missing a deeper meaning.

The channel 4 broadcast showed a tiny clip with bits pixelated out.

I think its the context that's troubling. Facebook initally said that it showed the clip to demonstrate the evils of abuse, but it's not in a context, where the news report is....Not very well explained I know.

The channel 4 broadcast showed a tiny clip with bits pixelated out.

I think its the context that's troubling. Facebook initally said that it showed the clip to demonstrate the evils of abuse, but it's not in a context, where the news report is....Not very well explained I know.

oh right! Well thank you for that then.

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 20:19 ----------

Why the need to post it on here as well though :| puzzled.

I have just had a looked managed just 20 seconds with the wife, what a sick cow she deserves all that's coming to her, I'd sentence her to death.

Having watched aghast at a video shown by Channel 4 News about a Malaysian mother beating up an 8 month old baby.

It was apparently uploaded to Facebook and some guy reported it and according to Facebook: It does not breach our codes of graphic violence!

Hence, Facebook has looked the other way and allowed the video to stay.

For further information, check out this video, be warned however as it may force you to destroy your monitor...

<Link removed >

I am so glad I removed myself from Fakebook as I call it, it is just an advert for show off people who post their every seconds to gain reactions.

Facebook has removed for more trivial things like this like jokes about presidents and terrorists and even people protesting nationalities, WTF.

While Facebook condones sick people beating up babies for all our enjoyment, WTF indeed :loopy:

So your complaining that "Facebook accepts child abuse"(thats a pretty bold statement)

Yet its o.k for you to share the full video link on a family forum?

Why not link the official C4 report instead?

Edited by mort

So your complaining that "Facebook accepts child abuse"(thats a pretty bold statement)

Yet its o.k for you to share the full video link on a family forum?

Why not link the official C4 report instead?

Bedders is making a point you person :):)

I have just had a looked managed just 20 seconds with the wife, what a sick cow she deserves all that's coming to her, I'd sentence her to death.
I saw a discussion about this but didn't watch the vid having realised what it was all about. They were saying that the wife was filming what was happening for the reason of getting him arrested. She gave it to a neighbour who passed it to the police, after uploading it so that it couldn't 'disappear'. The man was jailed at the time, which was several years ago.

On the film she's saying stuff like he's scared and you're hurting him. He's the dad and she's his wife, not the kid's mother. Although think she is the baby's mother.

That's how I understand it happened.

ETA: crossed wires, just realized that the op said a mother beating up a kid. The one I saw being discussed was a man being filmed by a woman possibly also in Malaysia. I haven't wanted to watch either of them, hence my error.

Edited by natjack

Bedders is making a point you person :):)

So is Pete, His is that he can't understand why he's brought the vid to this forum. I'm not on Facebook and I would never have seen it on YouTube but here it is. I'm inclined to agree with SqueakyPete :)

So is Pete, His is that he can't understand why he's brought the vid to this forum. I'm not on Facebook and I would never have seen it on YouTube but here it is. I'm inclined to agree with SqueakyPete :)

Sometimes one has to see the horror. And then decide what is right and wrong. Do you think FB should show that?