Recommendation for mason for gravestone

I'm after a monumental mason to do a gravestone. I've been in touch with one recommended through the undertakers but found their communication to be frustrating and lacking. Has anyone used some one recently that they could recommend?

Thanks

Steve Winks in Swinton. Pm me if you want any details

When you find someone, my advice is ensure that you agree a firm time frame to complete the work. I went via an undertaker to have an additional inscription put on an existing stone and ended up having to chase them around to get the work completed.

I'm after a monumental mason to do a gravestone. I've been in touch with one recommended through the undertakers but found their communication to be frustrating and lacking. Has anyone used some one recently that they could recommend?

Yes steve winks over in swinton he's honest and very skilled

He use to do a bit of work for me

Thanks - does Steve Winks cover Sheffield?

I wish I'd gone with someone else now.

I've been to look at the gravestone this afternoon expecting to feel sad. Instead I'm furious because they've managed to spell both my Father and Grandmothers names wrong. Absolute incompetence!

I wish I'd gone with someone else now.

I've been to look at the gravestone this afternoon expecting to feel sad. Instead I'm furious because they've managed to spell both my Father and Grandmothers names wrong. Absolute incompetence!

Theres no excuse for that,surely thats the least you can expect to be done properly.

Where did you end up going? I was shown everything written out as it would be on the stone and asked to sign it off for spelling and positioning.

Where did you end up going? I was shown everything written out as it would be on the stone and asked to sign it off for spelling and positioning.

I'm not sure I'm allowed to name and shame? It was a mason recommended by the funeral director we used in S8.

I too was asked to sign off on both the spelling and positioning. What's on the stone isn't the same as the paperwork. It's definitely their error. I can't believe they don't double check their work in the workshop before transporting the stone for installation.

I know mistakes happen, we all make them including myself, however this is now the fourth one with this company.