Anyone on here go to Ecclesfield Comprehensive School?

Fairfax never won anything Maureen.

Do you remember the javelin thrower hitting the overhead power cables....

T'was I

Tonio

well Tonio , I remember the story well , never Knew it was you though . I was at the school 1958 -63 and won the interschool javelin competition in 63.

I remember loads of the staff mentioned . I remember the "cheshire cat's "first day and never liked that grinning figure at all . Remember "RIMP", "Hitler Ellis " farting Billy Buck , who smoked in class blowing fumes out the window whilst trying to teach first formers maths and wishing he was out on the sports field with Johnny Helliwell! Remember ducking the new first formers in the bogs , and nipping down the Jungle for a fag or a grope !! Do you remember the old school bell ?a hand bell that lived outside the boss's office? (I've still got it !!!!it's in my garage )

Wasnt ecco famous for its bell ringers or somthing?

Btw when you say the jungle, you mean back of lady mabel right?

yes it was, I was in the handbell team 73-75, mr king was our teacher :D

awsome o.o

Mr.kings still there I think ;D....thats kinda bad not knowing whether or not a teachers at your school when you still go there anyways but Lol :P

awsome o.o

Mr.kings still there I think ;D....thats kinda bad not knowing whether or not a teachers at your school when you still go there anyways but Lol :P

I think old Josh was tragically killed in an accident on his bike.

He had already left the school after apparantly making a comment during a history lesson. He was supposedly talking about the black market during WW2 and in particular silk stockings. Some girl had a similar style pair on and Josh allegedly made a comment about how nice her legs looked ( in true JK style!)

This lass complained to her mother and the PC brigade got involved. Dont know if he was sacked or "encouraged" to retire

Not sure if this is 100% just what I heard.

A shame either way. Excellent History teacher , but a 1st class B*****d if you crossed him

NO not behind lady mabel. In my day the jungle was down by the grass tennis courts , not there now though

I think old Josh was tragically killed in an accident on his bike.

He had already left the school after apparantly making a comment during a history lesson. He was supposedly talking about the black market during WW2 and in particular silk stockings. Some girl had a similar style pair on and Josh allegedly made a comment about how nice her legs looked ( in true JK style!)

This lass complained to her mother and the PC brigade got involved. Dont know if he was sacked or "encouraged" to retire

Not sure if this is 100% just what I heard.

A shame either way. Excellent History teacher , but a 1st class B*****d if you crossed him

He once threw a text book at me.

I threw it back at him.

Nah, theres the upper tennis courts now though and even then you can

climb over the gate and run down chap and pray to God you dont get caught, never personally done this but seen it happen alot (:

But yeah your Jungle sounds alot like how the upper tennis courts are now, so its basically the same just relocated :P

i left ecco in '75.daz smith(french) was a great bloke. he once took myself and zepstox to preston to watch wednesday play,stopping at belle vue on the way. i had mr.mason for spanish,hedley knibbs for geography(again,both good blokes).josh king was a good teacher but what a temper! mr.kinsey(physics) was a little b*****d. was the little blonde bombshell games teacher called miss amery? i had a teacher for commerce i think was called o'neill. he was a bit of a rebel. for a while i had an english teacher called peter wood. he left in mysterious circumstances,went on to be a bus driver and later a councillor.billy buck was my form and maths teacher in my 1st year. oggy jennett was a scary man.another nice bloke was my biology teacher but i can't recall his name.i remember the mrs.heaton incident,calling the girls slags. i can't say they were happy times and i was glad to leave.

billy buck was my form and maths teacher in my 1st year. oggy jennett was a scary man.another nice bloke was my biology teacher but i can't recall his name.i remember the mrs.heaton incident,calling the girls slags. i can't say they were happy times and i was glad to leave.

can't believe Billy Buck , and oggy were still there in the seventies !! old billy must have been on a zimmer frame . (but perhaps by then he had learnt enough maths to teach first formers .... he certainly couldn't teach us in 1958!!) best maths teacher then was Gabby Hayes , he could be a Bas***d but certainly knew his maths , and had a passion for it , he had been a code breaker apparently during the war at Bletchley Park enigma project top secret stuff at the time so we only found out about him much later ..:wow:

I remember all the teachers you mention charliewag and Miss Amery ! She was a cow when we had her for games :hihi:Remember when we went swimming and we had about two seconds to get dried and dressed :hihi:She used to say if you're not ready we'll leave you ! My Mum told me to ''tell her to leave me then and then come home'' Nice one, never did though :D

Loved Peter Wood for English and I also seem to remember him going to be a bus driver. Was Mr O Neil a Noel Edmonds look alike?

Great to remember all this stuff, not so great at the time though hey?

The school was closed for most of my first year. I think it was because of the power cuts which were happening then, no heating or something :confused: Does anyone else remember this ? It would be the winter of 71