What would persuade you to set up a business in Western Europe.

For economies to expand they need to attract companies to set up manufacturing on their patch. At the moment the far eastern economies are on the rise and companies are looking for a foothold in Europe to cut their supply lines.

France now has a left leaning government, the UK doesn't.

If you were for example a Korean motor manufacturer what would persuade you to set up a plant in Europe, and what would make you choose the UK over France or the low wage eastern European countries, or vice versa?

It all comes down to cost and logistics.

Where can you get somewhere with decent tax laws and banks, decent employees and decent infrastructure to get your product moving.

What's the point of that if you can't get anyone to buy your stuff?

What's the point of that if you can't get anyone to buy your stuff?

85% of cars sold in the UK are made abroad. 100% of TVs sold in the UK are made abroad. Just what stuff do you think the Brits wouldn't buy if it was made elsewhere?

I feel that people would buy British if there was anything British to buy. I can remember the 'Buy British' campaign of the sixties and that worked but that was when we still made things to buy.

Can anyone name something in the shops that they can guarentee is British? I can't think of anything...

I feel that people would buy British if there was anything British to buy. I can remember the 'Buy British' campaign of the sixties and that worked but that was when we still made things to buy.

Can anyone name something in the shops that they can guarentee is British? I can't think of anything...

We make plenty of cars in this country right across the price spectrum to have that figure higher than 15%. People want what they want.

85% of cars sold in the UK are made abroad. 100% of TVs sold in the UK are made abroad. Just what stuff do you think the Brits wouldn't buy if it was made elsewhere?

Hymn spoking grate england. What are you blabbering on about?

For economies to expand they need to attract companies to set up manufacturing on their patch. At the moment the far eastern economies are on the rise and companies are looking for a foothold in Europe to cut their supply lines.

France now has a left leaning government, the UK doesn't.

If you were for example a Korean motor manufacturer what would persuade you to set up a plant in Europe, and what would make you choose the UK over France or the low wage eastern European countries, or vice versa?

One right-leaning party in this country has a strong element that want us out of the EU.

The other rising right-leaning party does want us out of Europe.

If they get their way then maybe no big manufacturers will come to the UK because once out of the EU access to the big market you describe will become more difficult. Sure there would be some kind of EFTA arrangement but that will come with conditions, caveats etc... many of which will no doubt by insisted on by the right-wind parties that take us out of the EU.

Archived