Pig meat found in 100% beef meatballs

Blinks

Oh dear....Sheffield named in a tabloid.

<Farmbox director Dafydd Raw-Rees, 64, said: “I am very distressed. We are a legitimate facility. I think it may be something to do with a previous invoice we took from the slaughterhouse in Sheffield.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4792615/Waitrose-finds-pig-in-beef-meatballs.html#ixzz2KkRlUpXk

The only consolation is - a lot of 'Sheffielders' can't afford to shop in posh Waitrose with it's inflated prices on a regular basis....we're all too busy trying to find a food bank, scouring the reduced section in Asda and Tesco Express after 6pm and not eating much anyway, due to the stress of the upcoming bedroom tax and being told to find a job when it's impossible and humiliating pitting honestly incapacitated people in their 50's against graduates in their 20s... and being left without any benefits and appealing for employment and support allowance. Don't worry - we needy people are bloody starving and freezing anyway - pork or horse in beef won't affect us - we can't afford to buy any of it. It's completely mad - and I feel so guilty about 3rd world countries and all their suffering - and being hounded in the street and by phone, by post and at my front door....it's al such a mess, one can be forgiven for coming onto a forum and just letting rip, in the hope that someone, somwhere gets some comfort and tells me I'm not alone at 4am.

Oh dear....Sheffield named in a tabloid.

<Farmbox director Dafydd Raw-Rees, 64, said: “I am very distressed. We are a legitimate facility. I think it may be something to do with a previous invoice we took from the slaughterhouse in Sheffield.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4792615/Waitrose-finds-pig-in-beef-meatballs.html#ixzz2KkRlUpXk

The only consolation is - a lot of 'Sheffielders' can't afford to shop in posh Waitrose with it's inflated prices on a regular basis....we're all too busy trying to find a food bank, scouring the reduced section in Asda and Tesco Express after 6pm and not eating much anyway, due to the stress of the upcoming bedroom tax and being told to find a job when it's impossible and humiliating pitting honestly incapacitated people in their 50's against graduates in their 20s... and being left without any benefits and appealing for employment and support allowance. Don't worry - we needy people are bloody starving and freezing anyway - pork or horse in beef won't affect us - we can't afford to buy any of it. It's completely mad - and I feel so guilty about 3rd world countries and all their suffering - and being hounded in the street and by phone, by post and at my front door....it's al such a mess, one can be forgiven for coming onto a forum and just letting rip, in the hope that someone, somwhere gets some comfort and tells me I'm not alone at 4am.

what I dont understand is this government makes its own people suffer

while they give millions away in foreign aid

Its obvious to me that the general public just don't care where or what their meat is from by patronising places like markets and "Meat Vans' at car boot sales. It think those places are where you are going to get the trouble

I think you'll find that supposedly reputable supermarkets and high street shops are where we have been getting the trouble. That's what all the fuss is about. Problems with other seemingly more dodgy outlets (bloke in pub, 'meat vans' etc) would hardly be a surprise and certainly not international news.

I think you'll find that supposedly reputable supermarkets and high street shops are where we have been getting the trouble. That's what all the fuss is about. Problems with other seemingly more dodgy outlets (bloke in pub, 'meat vans' etc) would hardly be a surprise and certainly not international news.

But by the amount of people who buy from these guys in the pub, markets and meat vans proves they just don't care anyway where there meat comes from so long as its cheap. I don't think supermarkets stocking horsemeat will bother them in the slightest?

Archived