If You Had Ten Million Pound To Spend On Sheffield . . .

If I had ten million pounds to spend on Sheffield (or anywhere else) I would get all my mates to set up small companies and tender for works to be done (eg: fitting toilet seats at £300 a time or building big red bumps in roads which are otherwise so potholed that drivers dare not go more than 5mph for fear of writing off their motor)

Of course, my mates would get the contracts for said works, and would give me a "nice little earner" for pushing the work their way, whilst taking on "employees" as either apprentices or "work experience" people.

Thus maximising my profit and minimising my overheads.

My back pocket would surely be bulging.....

I'd spend it on a 3 month holiday....err Consulation Committee of four people 1st class to the Caribbean, to brainstorm plans to ease parking issues in the City Centre.

We'd then come back and close off any free parking areas.

Any money left would be spent on hanging baskets outside the Town Hall, because they deserve it.

I would make sure the Art is available for all to see, I'd bring back the Mappin and make the Graves Gallery over two floors and be open Saturday afternoons and Sundays.

I'd make sure we had decent sport facilities and Id make the Tram go somewhere people wanted to go.

I'd set up a "fairness commission". Then wring my hands and get my loony left friends to pat me on the back.

I would change my name by deed poll to "Sheffield" and spend it on myself.

I realise that may seem a tad selfish, but £10M wouldn't go very far on a big needy city like Sheffield. So no point in spreading the butter too thinly. Might as well put it where it will be totally appreciated.

£10M wouldn't go very far on a big needy city like Sheffield. So no point in spreading the butter too thinly. Might as well put it where it will be totally appreciated.

I think thats pretty much how it's being spent now isn't it. within a 100 yard radius of the Town Hall (AKA Trough)

i get the gritter working when it snows . a big joke this morning .

I don't think you'd get very far with £10m!

If I had ten million pounds to spend on Sheffield (or anywhere else) I would get all my mates to set up small companies and tender for works to be done (eg: fitting toilet seats at £300 a time or building big red bumps in roads which are otherwise so potholed that drivers dare not go more than 5mph for fear of writing off their motor)

Of course, my mates would get the contracts for said works, and would give me a "nice little earner" for pushing the work their way, whilst taking on "employees" as either apprentices or "work experience" people.

Thus maximising my profit and minimising my overheads.

My back pocket would surely be bulging.....

So you'd do nothing different to the council then :hihi:

I would bring back the Mappin and make the Graves Gallery over two floors and be open Saturday afternoons and Sundays.

I'd make sure we had decent sport facilities.

You get my vote.

I would buy a big bulldozer and level the entire city.

That would be great. A clean slate. The council could set up some committees and hire some mates, er, consultants, to decide what not to do with it.