Flash on Kindle fire?

Mrs Overall

Neither me or my hubby are PC literate, but he had a Kindle Fire (not HD) bought for Christmas, he was on BBC News and wanted to watch footie, then something came up asking for him to install Flash Player. It all went downhill from there as we didn't have a clue as to what we had to do..:huh:

I have a Fire HD, you could be struggling to get YouTube on it. Amazon don't want you using YouTube on their devices, they'd prefer you to be downloading movies and books and other media, from their AppStore...

That said, I think you may be able to get YouTube type apps on the Amazon AppStore, that you can download and use. Not sure how good they'll be. Try going on the AppStore (Apps) on your device and searching for "youtube".

Neither me or my hubby are PC literate, but he had a Kindle Fire (not HD) bought for Christmas, he was on BBC News and wanted to watch footie, then something came up asking for him to install Flash Player. It all went downhill from there as we didn't have a clue as to what we had to do..:huh:

Kindle doesn't support Flash so if he was trying to load something whilst looking at a webpage then it probably didn't like it. However there are apps that'll let him get into some of the same content.

Search for and install the following from the Apps Store and you'll have access to both iPlayer and TVCatchup (which is basically Freeview channels over the internet). If you want to watch something go through the app rather than the webpage.

1. BBC Media Player
  2. BBC Iplayer (Kindle Tablet Edition)
  3. TVCatchUp

I'm pretty sure the Kindle already comes with a Kindle version of the BBCi Player.

Flash and the itv player have to be sideloaded; there's some nice tutorials on how to do this on the web.

Kindle supports Flash just fine, it's the Amazon App store that doesn't have it, hence the need to get it from elsewhere (sideloading)