Murder of Alan Greaves/ trial

Mr Alan Greaves funeral will be on wed 6th February at 12 noon at St. Saviours Church, High Green

thank you

ive just come home along mortemley and the police have already colsed the road off at the bottom of greengatelane ,diversions are in place,the police say its at 11.40am and it will probley start at 12 noon it will last for an hour,,,, this is the road report... i did not kno him personaly but new of him in sight as i have lived in high green all my 45yrs and 3/4 of that was on greengate lane , so as a member of the old high green comunity im going to go down on my mobilitay scooter, and if anyone else has any sole and they are able to come do so its your comunity as well,,,

I'm at work, but my thoughts will be with those in attendance, especially the Greaves family.

Reading the article in The Star today certainly brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/funeral-for-murdered-sheffield-organist-1-5383691

RIP Mr Greaves.

Regards

Richard

What a hugely emotional day its going to be for that community. I hope everything goes smoothly for them and that as many as people as possible turn up to pay their respects.

didnt know him personally, but my thoughts are with his family on this very sad and hard day.... R.I.P xx

There were several hundred people who turned out to pay their respects to Alan. The main service was held in St Saviour's Church with a video feed to St Mary's Catholic Church further along Mortomley Lane. I managed to find standing space at the back of St Saviour's and was overwhelmed by the number of people whose lives had been touched by Alan.

There was also an audio feed to the 200 or so who remained outside the church along with the several dozen press cameramen.

He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

ide just like to say a big thank you to all the old high green cominiutay for turning out on such a cold and blustery day ,to pay your respect to mr greaves and the family he leaves behind , thank you high green

Alan's wife, Maureen, wrote and read her own eulogy:

"On Christmas day when I sat beside Alan's bruised and battered body, it was only natural that my thoughts would turn to the men who'd so cruelly and brutally attacked him. I was determind to turn aside from hatred and speaking evil against those who had killed him. I could do this only because God had given me permission to leave them in his hands."

The above words will stay with me forever,how strong,loving and wonderful this family is.

I am a friend of Alan's daughter Emma and i am blessed to know such amazing people,they are angels who already walk this earth.

RIP Alan and my thoughts are with his family at such a difficult time,i am sure the love you have for each other will keep you strong,God bless x

Alan's wife, Maureen, wrote and read her own eulogy:

"On Christmas day when I sat beside Alan's bruised and battered body, it was only natural that my thoughts would turn to the men who'd so cruelly and brutally attacked him. I was determind to turn aside from hatred and speaking evil against those who had killed him. I could do this only because God had given me permission to leave them in his hands."

The above words will stay with me forever,how strong,loving and wonderful this family is.

I am a friend of Alan's daughter Emma and i am blessed to know such amazing people,they are angels who already walk this earth.

RIP Alan and my thoughts are with his family at such a difficult time,i am sure the love you have for each other will keep you strong,God bless x

Thank you for that candybar. We should all have the strength to be so forgiving, but few of us would match up to Maureen.