Thefts in Gleadless Valley

Please be vigilant, yesterday afternoon I picked up a present for my stepdaughter for Xmas, instead of taking it straight in the house and her seeing it i left it behind my drivers seat, Within 2 hours the car window was smashed and the present stolen.

I know before anyone says, yes it was my fault for leaving it in the car and yes I am stupid for doing so but please be vigilant as this is likely to be the same people that have broken into a number of houses stealing presents on the valley.

Seems a shame that we work so hard to give our family nice things only to be stolen by some lowlife, If you saw anyone around Overend Close carrying a 22inch tv in yellow Tecknika box please PM me. Hopefully as a community we can find out WHO is stealing from us in the area and stop this from happening. :sad:

Please be vigilant, yesterday afternoon I picked up a present for my stepdaughter for Xmas, instead of taking it straight in the house and her seeing it i left it behind my drivers seat, Within 2 hours the car window was smashed and the present stolen.

I know before anyone says, yes it was my fault for leaving it in the car and yes I am stupid for doing so but please be vigilant as this is likely to be the same people that have broken into a number of houses stealing presents on the valley.

Seems a shame that we work so hard to give our family nice things only to be stolen by some lowlife, If you saw anyone around Overend Close carrying a 22inch tv in yellow Tecknika box please PM me. Hopefully as a community we can find out WHO is stealing from us in the area and stop this from happening. :sad:

No it wasn't. It was the fault of the pond life Gleadless scum who stole it.

Lets hope the get caught next time and are given a right pasting!

No it wasn't. It was the fault of the pond life Gleadless scum who stole it.

Lets hope the get caught next time and are given a right pasting!

you advocating violence are not much better than them, and yes it was negligent of the poster to leave it on view like that anywhere in England let alone Gleadless

you advocating violence are not much better than them, and yes it was negligent of the poster to leave it on view like that anywhere in England let alone Gleadless

Of course, the OP was careless but none of us are perfect.

I hope your not suggesting that anyone who finds anything, be in left in a car or anywhere else should help themselves to it?

That is clearly being dishonest.

TAKING THINGS WHICH ARE NOT YOURS IS THEFT!

I have left my wallet on a bus several times (I'm old and senile) both here in Sheffield and abroad, and have had them returned to me.

The 2nd time, and this was abroad, the finder went out of his way to return the item to me, as I was in a nearby restaurant.

BTW what's the V (for vendetta) in your profile for?

Would you set your dog on such a perpetrator?

What makes you think something like that?

---------- Post added 24-12-2012 at 17:20 ----------

you advocating violence are not much better than them,

Yes i am. Im much better than they are.

I would never steal from anyone.

and yes it was negligent of the poster to leave it on view like that anywhere in England let alone Gleadless

Dont blame the victim.

They didn't ask for their stuff to be stolen.

Why on earth shouldn't they be able to leave something in a locked car for fear of some scroat robbing it?