Shootings reported at Batman premiere

This "crazy American attitude " as you call it is based on history.

We used to try people for witchcraft by dunking them in a pond. If they lived, they were guilty and killed. If they died, they were innocent.

Luckily, we don't hold onto everything we used to do for history's sake on this side of the pond.

I mean, one of the reasons the right to bear arms is in the constitution is to stop the Brits from coming over there and taking back control of the country. Do you really need the man in the street to stop us from doing that? Surely just putting Justin Beiber on the coast will cause any invasion to fail?

Then there's the bit about stopping the Government from doing things the population doesn't want. That worked out well didn't it?

The right to bear arms is as much of an achronisym as it would be if the constition had granted you the right to test anyone for witchcraft by dunking stool. Except, only one of them is still regularly ending up with innocent people dying. :(

:|

We used to try people for witchcraft by dunking them in a pond. If they lived, they were guilty and killed. If they died, they were innocent.

Luckily, we don't hold onto everything we used to do for history's sake on this side of the pond.

I mean, one of the reasons the right to bear arms is in the constitution is to stop the Brits from coming over there and taking back control of the country. Do you really need the man in the street to stop us from doing that? Surely just putting Justin Beiber on the coast will cause any invasion to fail?

Then there's the bit about stopping the Government from doing things the population doesn't want. That worked out well didn't it?

The right to bear arms is as much of an achronisym as it would be if the constition had granted you the right to test anyone for witchcraft by dunking stool. Except, only one of them is still regularly ending up with innocent people dying. :(

When you have learned how to spell constitution you will have the authority to lecture an American citizen on it. In the meantime my concern is why this man did what he did. It happens too often for my liking, and it doesn't just happen here. You could , of course, blame Rambo for one that happened in the UK, just to be able to blame America, but it was done by a Brit. Sorry about that. There are still enough potential enemies around to make it desirable to have a militia ready and willing to fight. It took two atom bombs to convince Japan their militia would not be needed. Edited by buck

In the few massacres that have occured in the UK in recent years, there were no armed people around to retaliate.

And how many armed people retaliated in Denver the other night? And at Columbine? And etc etc.

It happens too often for my liking, and it doesn't just happen here.

It's a bit of a sport in the USA though, isn't it? Over here we worry about the rain whereas you Yanks worry about the bullets. We carry umbrellas and you carry Glocks. It's worse in Mexico but that's because of the number of arms that flow there from the USA in return for the illegal drugs that flow the other way.

And how many armed people retaliated in Denver the other night? And at Columbine? And etc etc.

Might be an idea if you think before posting. In both cases these attacks happened where the concealed carrying of weapons was prohibited.

It's a bit of a sport in the USA though, isn't it? Over here we worry about the rain whereas you Yanks worry about the bullets. We carry umbrellas and you carry Glocks. It's worse in Mexico but that's because of the number of arms that flow there from the USA in return for the illegal drugs that flow the other way.
I've learned over time to ignore your posts. You have nothing but ill will toward all of us. I am British born, and still love and respect my homeland. But it is far from perfect. It proved so long ago with the black and tans. So drop the holier than thou attitude. The vast majority of Americans are no better or worse than Britons. Just trying to do their jobs if they have one, and raise their families. I don't worry about the bullets, because I have no reason to. I live in a nice suburban town with a good police force and good neighbors. I hope you do too. I don't own a glock, and Mexico can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I don't do drugs, do you? Edited by buck

god bless america! just been googling US gun laws and it takes your breath away, automatic weapons freely available and political suicide to even question it - at least we learned from hungerford and dunblane and, in the face of fury from UK gun nuts, produced a pretty unarmed society.
Apparently, Britain suffered from gun violence in the19th century to such an extent that the anti gun laws were brought in. To fully enforce them, the police had to give up their firearms, probably the only police force on earth to do so. It worked out well and has done Britain proud. Shooting a policeman to death was a certain death sentence if caught, as the famous Charlie Peace case proved. But America is a totally different place. Hunting is very popular here, and not just a sport for the landed gentry. In addition, animals such as bears, coyotes, and pumas are appearing in suburban areas where they weren't seen much before, and are a danger to young children and domestic pets. this is because much of their habitat is being built over, leaving them with less space to hunt for food. It is left to the individual states to enact their own gun laws, with the feds stepping in when interstate trading is being done. My own state, and most northeastern states have very stringent laws governing gun ownership. But the South is another matter, especially Texas, which tries to use execution as a means to prevent murder. It doesn't succeed, as a crook will kill to avoid detection. Edited by buck

you must be well in with the mods my old son:hihi:

this is what I get if I just put a link on from youtube...............

It has been necessary to remove your thread as it was not in-line with our posting rules.

You may include a link in your post but you must also add your own opinion in order for discussion to take place.

You are welcome to repost your thread so long as it does not break any of our rules and you include your own opinion as stated above.:suspect:

People with guns kill more people than people without guns.

Most murders in UK are not shootings.

People with guns are better able to kill armed criminals.

Glad you've mentioned Breivik - for all those people who think this would have been avoided by more stringent gun laws I would ask you to look at the gun laws in Norway. Norway has good gun regulation but it didn't stop this nutter.

I'm afraid people who want be mass murderers will always find a way, either guns, cars, explosives or poisons.

To state that maybe the US will learn its lesson now and have better gun control not only grossly simplifies the issue but is an insult to the poor people who have been killed and injured.

the point is...............nutters can and will get weapons to carry out atrocities which thankfully are once, every now and then, with america, guns are ten a penny, EVERYBODY can get em, at any time, somebody gets mad they get a gun and carry out a shooting, in america they happen all too frequently