7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

You can go anywhere you like in Europe, Germany has a good economy right now, so you can pop over there whenever you like.

With regards to people from outside the EU we do exactly that and have a points system similar to Australia. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant, eh.

I don't want to go to Europe. It's never attracted me, and if the 'points' system works so well, how come everyone moans about immigration. Are they imagining it? Is it some sort of myth?

I appreciate (at the moment) there's little we can do about EU people coming here. But (I think) the main problem is non EU people coming here, either illegally, or claiming some sort of assylum, and their human rights being violated if we send them back to where they came from.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you don't want to go there doesn't alter things does it. We've signed up for free movement, it works both ways, we can emigrate to Spain (and some people do want to) and the Spanish can come here if they wish.

Maybe you should find out for yourself re:immigration to the UK from outside the EU?

Illegal immigrants are surely an entirely different question, nobody disagrees that they should be removed as quickly as legally possible.

Asylum seekers should be properly assessed and either refused or accepted, if they are genuine then we should accept them. It's not like the number of asylum seekers is a large proportion of the number of immigrants.

Illegal immigrants are surely an entirely different question, nobody disagrees that they should be removed as quickly as legally possible.

Asylum seekers should be properly assessed and either refused or accepted, if they are genuine then we should accept them. It's not like the number of asylum seekers is a large proportion of the number of immigrants.

A few things: An illegal immigrant is a non-EU national that enters the UK without and entry clearance visa.

Asylum claims are properly addressed but it takes time.

Asylum seekers only tend to claim asylum if they are caught entering the UK. Relatively few reach the UK and immediately claim asylum i.e. the first thing they say.

The UKBA is underfunded and understaffed as it is and that's even without the most of the planned staffing cuts which have not yet gone through. Only today, the headlines are that a thousand UKBA staff have been axed and the system can't cope. Look at the heathrow fiasco last year. Ministers cut the number of staff then wonder why targets are not met. It's pathetic.

Edited by Mecky

You really are a bloody idiot aren't you?

I'd rather trade 1000 Olympians (most of whom are quite happy in their home countries anyway) for 1000 of our own feckless any day of the week.

Blimey. What took you so long?

And who, exactly are 'our own feckless'? Somebody who sits at home and racks up 24,195 posts?

Note to new members: This is what he does. Next he'll be calling us 'gobfathers' (his speak for anybody with an opinion other than his - i.e. the vast majority on this thread).

Then he'll ratchet up the level of personal abuse.

Then we'll have:

Mod note: This thread is now closed.

Freedom of speech, eh?

A few things: An illegal immigrant is a non-EU national that enters the UK without and entry clearance visa.

And does not claim asylum.

I think we all knew that.

Asylum claims are properly addressed but it takes time.

Good, nothing wrong with that part of the system then.

Asylum seekers only tend to claim asylum if they are caught entering the UK. Relatively few reach the UK and immediately claim asylum i.e. the first thing they say.

This should be considered prejudicial to their application for asylum then, IMO.

The UKBA is underfunded and understaffed as it is and that's even without the most of the planned staffing cuts which have not yet gone through. Only today, the headlines are that a thousand UKBA staff have been axed and the system can't cope. Look at the heathrow fiasco last year. Ministers cut the number of staff then wonder why targets are not met. It's pathetic.

Agreed.

I disagree, if MAC33 thinks that all immigrants to the UK should leave, then presumably he must be expecting a response from all the countries which we emigrate to.

There are deeper questions of course, how far back should we go, is it just the most recent 7% that MAC33 thinks should leave, or will he be heading back to Normandy or Scandinavia?

So you disapprove of someone from the UK having an opinion on our immigration policy but think we should express an opinion on the immigration policy of another country.

I think we should stop immigration into the UK and I can give very good reasons for doing so, but Just because there are reasons to stop immigration into the UK doesn’t follow that another country would want to stop immigration into their country, it would be entirely for them to make that decision.

No, I think that when you have an opinion on immigration policy it should be consistent.

You're trying to answer for someone else when I asked them if they were consistent and your answer was that they don't have to be.

What do you make of the argument that immigration into the UK will avoid the problem of the massively contracting workforce that Germany will face in the next decade?

No, I think that when you have an opinion on immigration policy it should be consistent.

You're trying to answer for someone else when I asked them if they were consistent and your answer was that they don't have to be.

It is consistent, we have the right to determine our immigration policy but we don't have the right to determine the immigration policy of another country, so we don’t need to express an opinion on other countries policies.

No amounts of statistics will ever get LibLabCon to change direction on immigration. None of them have the balls to grasp the nettle.

Im firmly with Mr scuba on this one. Our governments have a license to make monumental 'ferk ups' regarding this issue and none of them have the balls to stand up and say so..

And WE are the pillocks that vote these GITS in :loopy::huh: