7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

When we have zero unemployment and can't import what we need, then it will be something to think about, but that’s unlikely to happen.

Only at that point are you willing to think about what will happen to the workforce in the future?

Okay, I guess you can leave this conversation then :huh:

I'm happy to discuss both.

You're only willing to think about it if we have zero unemployment (an undesirable thing to have anyway, even if it were possible), so you're not really happy to discuss it at all.

Only at that point are you willing to think about what will happen to the workforce in the future?

Okay, I guess you can leave this conversation then :huh:

You're only willing to think about it if we have zero unemployment (an undesirable thing to have anyway, even if it were possible), so you're not really happy to discuss it at all.

As usual you are unwilling to have a discussion and resort to being pedantic.

You are the one claiming we have a problem that can only be solved by immigration, so it makes sense for you to explain why; I believe our problems are caused by a population that is too big for our country and our inability employ the people we already have.

You are the one claiming we have a problem that can only be solved by immigration, so it makes sense for you to explain why; I believe our problems are caused by a population that is too big for our country and our inability employ the people we already have.

Why is that?

Why is that?

Because our welfare system is to generous, our education system is flawed and our immigration policy is designed to allow us to poach trained labour from abroad instead of training our own population.

Because our welfare system is to generous, our education system is flawed and our immigration policy is designed to allow us to poach trained labour from abroad instead of training our own population.

Why is our education system flawed? If we are poaching labour from abroad what are they all doing on benefits?

Why is our education system flawed? If we are poaching labour from abroad what are they all doing on benefits?

1. Because its not being run in a way that gives our young the atributes that our employers want.

2. Because there aren’t enough jobs and the benefits system is overly generous and discourages work.

1. Because its not being run in a way that gives our young the atributes that our employers want.

2. Because there aren’t enough jobs and the benefits system is overly generous and discourages work.

What do employers want?

If there aren't enough jobs, it doesn't matter who we don't employ

No it doesn't, that is the Foreign Office.

Sure about that, Mecky? According to the Foreign Office's own website http://ukinalgeria.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

"The UK Border Agency processes all visa applications to the United Kingdom. You can find out whether you need a visa and how to apply through the UK Border Agency website."

The UKBA website is the one that gives all the advice on this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/.

But then I wasn't expecting a Labour supporter to know much about immigration rules.

Not at all, you're refusing to consider the issue I've asked you about, and instead want to argue about my opinion that if we refuse all immigrants we should expect the same in return.

You are the one claiming we have a problem that can only be solved by immigration, so it makes sense for you to explain why;

I thought that was obvious in the statement of the problem.

In the example of Germany their workforce will reduce by 25% over the next decade. Their population will not.

In the UK, largely due to immigration and a higher birth rate, this will not happen.

It's self evident that not having your workforce shrink whilst your population remains constant is a good thing.

Germany will have a declining GDP/capita, we will not, this is a good thing.

I believe our problems are caused by a population that is too big for our country and our inability employ the people we already have.

That's two statements.

The first is a subjective judgement, how have you decided what the correct level is?

The second is a short term problem caused by wider economic issues IMO. Every country is suffering with high unemployment, even the ones with low immigration.