7% Increase In Population. Are We Full?

Or if someone else simply asks them for the basis of a statement they make.

That’s OK if you are asking then to support something they said, but you asked them to support something they didn't say.

They didn't say most immigrants get a passport they expressed an opinion that too many get a passport.

You then appeared not to believe that immigrants do get a passport so I posted some links that support the fact that some do, and it turn out to be quite a few and too many in my opinion also.

Actually I just asked them a question.

Do most immigrants get a UK passport?

They then said that "way to[sic] many" are given passports. Obviously that's an opinion, and it's quite reasonable to ask why they hold that opinion.

Of course they never answered, you did instead. Which makes no sense really, as you can't justify someone else's opinion.

But you didn't actually try, you just replied with data about how many passports are issued. It's just a number, it doesn't indicate whether it's way too many or not.

Then you went off at a tangent, wondering why people (presumably me) hadn't googled to answer the question. Apparently having forgotten that the question was about an opinion, and that google can't answer that (and neither had you).

Edited by Cyclone

Actually I just asked them a question.

They then said that "way to[sic] many" are given passports. Obviously that's an opinion, and it's quite reasonable to ask why they hold that opinion.

Of course they never answered, you did instead. Which makes no sense really, as you can't justify someone else's opinion.

But you didn't actually try, you just replied with data about how many passports are issued. It's just a number, it doesn't indicate whether it's way too many or not.

Then you went off at a tangent, wondering why people (presumably me) hadn't googled to answer the question. Apparently having forgotten that the question was about an opinion, and that google can't answer that (and neither had you).

You didn't ask them why they held that opinion you asked for a source.

Do most immigrants get a UK passport?

Not all but way to many have.
What's your source?

This is the point I gave you some sources about immigrants getting passports, and because its public discussion forum I had assumed you wanted someone to give you a source because you was too lazy to look it up yourself.

If you just wanted the source of their opinion, that will be their mind which is where opinions are formed, so a silly question really.

You didn't ask them why they held that opinion you asked for a source.

Yes, the source of their opinion. :suspect:

This is the point I gave you some sources about immigrants getting passports, and because its public discussion forum I had assumed you wanted someone to give you a source because you was too lazy to look it up yourself.

You know what assume makes?

If you just wanted the source of their opinion, that will be their mind.

Hopefully there will be some thought in there as well which lead them to the conclusion. They don't normally just pop into your mind fully formed do they?

You're just being ridiculous now.

Why is it ridiculous to give you information you couldn't find for yourself, I thought I was being helpful, maybe you should stop asking questions if you don't want them answered.

Why is it ridiculous to give you information you couldn't find for yourself, I thought I was being helpful, maybe you should stop asking questions if you don't want them answered.

The country has taken in way to many way to fast and this needs to end today.

Blimey. What took you so long?

And who, exactly are 'our own feckless'? Somebody who sits at home and racks up 24,195 posts?

Note to new members: This is what he does. Next he'll be calling us 'gobfathers' (his speak for anybody with an opinion other than his - i.e. the vast majority on this thread).

Then he'll ratchet up the level of personal abuse.

Then we'll have:

Mod note: This thread is now closed.

Freedom of speech, eh?

strange how long he's been getting away with it ,you'd think somebody would have put a stop to it by now:roll:

It's ridiculous to answer the question

"Where does the opinion come from"

with

"my mind", or "his mind" when you're attempting to answer questions that weren't directed at you.

Ridiculous, facetious and childish to be precise.