Car wing mirror knocked off!!

Alot of motorists around our area park on the kirb and the pedestrians who are pushing prams have to use the road because they can't get through, so to those drivers who park on the kirb and have no respect for pedestrians they deserve all they get

I couldn't agree more

I live on Cobden View road in crookes. In the last year, I have had my wingmirrors kicked off I think, 4 or 5 times now. Before you think i'm terribly unpopular, I have checked and found that pretty much every car on the street - and i'm talking 30 plus here, has been done - yep, it's pretty much drunken ********s walking home. Mine are fixed , so they don't just flip inwards, they snap off - and have had to replace each time, grrr.

I have called the police numerous times, who have been very sympathetivc, even come out, but basically can do bugger all about it.....

It;s not nice.....

Yes I had my wing mirror on the pavement side smashed off (and into pieces), as well as the aerial ripped off in Crookes. Nothing you can do though sadly.

Alot of motorists around our area park on the kirb and the pedestrians who are pushing prams have to use the road because they can't get through, so to those drivers who park on the kirb and have no respect for pedestrians they deserve all they get

Anybody damaging a car in this way would deserve to get their head kicked in, just because a car is parked on a kerb doesn't give someone the right to damage it so a good kicking would be well deserved.

Anybody damaging a car in this way would deserve to get their head kicked in, just because a car is parked on a kerb doesn't give someone the right to damage it so a good kicking would be well deserved.

Are you this hard normally? or just a keyboard warrior

you shouldnt really park on the kerb. wing mirrors will be broken by pedestrians who find it difficult to pass, and its very annoying if you have a pram.

I sometimes have to walk in the road pushing my bike up the hill because there are cars parked totally on the path, and I think, what if I was pushing a pram and not a bike? There isn't a path in places on the other side of the road.

Glad to see theres some right minded people on here, i was beginning to think this forum is populated by morons! AS I ORIGINALLY STATED, THE CAR WAS NOT PARKED ON THE KERB AT ALL. To suggest that i would have deserved it is out of order, iv since found out that half a dozen cars in the area were done that night.

Are you this hard normally? or just a keyboard warrior

:hihi::hihi::hihi:LOL:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So what you are saying is that 2 wrongs don't make a right.......

...but three wrongs do?? How odd.

My girlfriend woke up early this morning to goto work and found one of the car wing mirrors damaged!! This was on Overton Road, Hillsborough. Anyone else suffer this s**t last night? Angry...

Unfortunately, this is a common occurrence in 21st century Britain.

A few years ago, one of my wing mirrors was 'removed' by someone for no apparent reason. My OH went to a scrap yard and bought another wing mirror which was ragged off the following day. I hadn't even got round to removing the china pencil '£5' writing on it !

Sorry to hear about your wing mirror. The situation of cars parking on pavements is not acceptable. Two cars parked equidistant 20 metres apart can block the view of the pavement for 40 metres.

Young kids running into the road behind them don't stand a chance of being seen. Stop this lunacy now, if you can't park your car safely then you shouldn't have one.

Sorry to hear about your wing mirror. The situation of cars parking on pavements is not acceptable. Two cars parked equidistant 20 metres apart can block the view of the pavement for 40 metres.

Young kids running into the road behind them don't stand a chance of being seen. Stop this lunacy now, if you can't park your car safely then you shouldn't have one.

So what you are saying is if you cant afford a house with a garage you shouldnt have a car?:huh: