Campaign for Sheffield Monopoly

Throw in the winter gardens, cooling towers, meadowhall and Kelham Island instead of the 4 stations.

The £200 you have to pay which is just after the 2nd brown can be parking fine, we all know Sheffield loves those!

Advance to go can be "Park'n'Ride to go"

Originally posted by ReverendSam

even liverpool has its own monopoly

Yes. Half the board is dedicated to Jail.

what would we have in the space were FREE parking is supposed to be, nothing ever in Sheffield is free parking, unless it was made a disabled parking space then every t***t could park on it.

Just taken my arthritic mother to Wickes at Rutland road ( not much of a day out in some peoples mind but she likes looking at light bulbs and bags of plaster )

COuldnt get inthe disabled spots for builders vans, and some dick head in a bleeding JAGUAR who had come for a sandwich.

I think the monopoly game idea is good and someone ought to run with it and get some made.

Surely it'd need to be licensed from the company that currently produces the board game, though.

This could be an expensive idea!

Originally posted by Andy

You did brown twice. First have already colour-coded most of the city with bus routes...why not use them? :hihi: [/b]

Is there a 'claret' line? And if so, does it go to Dore? ;)

Sheffield Monopoly could be packaged with a little bottle of Tippex cunningly hidden inside a little Bulldozer, as no doubt you would have to change whole sections of the board every couple of years as yet another swathe of the city got demolished. :(

Originally posted by mr_chris

Surely it'd need to be licensed from the company that currently produces the board game, though.

This could be an expensive idea!

I wasn't planning on us making it ourselves! Hasbro do loads of versions, they just need to be shown that there is a market for it (which there blatently is - if Hull and Newcastle Uni. warrent their own versions!)

The other issue is advertising..........which would detract from the thing but I think that is how they make most of their revenue.

Originally posted by Mathom

Is there a 'claret' line? And if so, does it go to Dore? ;)

I believe so. And a brown line to Parson Cross. :|

Originally posted by Andy

I believe so. And a brown line to Parson Cross. :|

I think someone at SYPTE was having a little joke if they assigned the 'claret' line to the Dore route. ;) Maybe the 'Burgundy' line goes up to Fulwood? :P

Originally posted by ReverendSam

even liverpool has its own monopoly

Even Wigan Has its own!

I think they must be waiting until Sheffield is finished before doing one... so sometime in 2035 :)