Campaign for Sheffield Monopoly

Originally posted by Andy

You did brown twice. First have already colour-coded most of the city with bus routes...why not use them? :hihi: [/b]

Is there a 'claret' line? And if so, does it go to Dore? ;)

Sheffield Monopoly could be packaged with a little bottle of Tippex cunningly hidden inside a little Bulldozer, as no doubt you would have to change whole sections of the board every couple of years as yet another swathe of the city got demolished. :(

Originally posted by mr_chris

Surely it'd need to be licensed from the company that currently produces the board game, though.

This could be an expensive idea!

I wasn't planning on us making it ourselves! Hasbro do loads of versions, they just need to be shown that there is a market for it (which there blatently is - if Hull and Newcastle Uni. warrent their own versions!)

The other issue is advertising..........which would detract from the thing but I think that is how they make most of their revenue.

Might not be that long!

A local radio station were interested in doing a feature on the Monopoly idea and linking it to the forum as a phenomenon - I declined but passed it on to the Forum powers that be (I quite like wearing my red cloak of anonymity and don't feel myself to be the best person to talk about the Forum!!!)

Having said that, I plan to draft a letter to the makers (this was originally just a joke thread but 'the campaign' has taken off a bit here and elsewhere!!!!!!).

Could someone edit this thread to have a poll at the top - maybe whether a board should have 'Sheffield areas' or city centre street names.....?

Cheers,

TRW

(At work in Kelham Island, Blue, £100, Rent: .........)