Campaign for Sheffield Monopoly

I was thinking that it could be more city centre based. This might avoid the tension about which areas to include or not!

How about:

Brown: Castle Market, The Wicker

Blue: West Bar, Corporation St., Kelham Island

Pink: Eccleshall Road, London Road, Abbeydale Road.

Orange: Fargate, The Moor, Arundelgate

Red: Campo Lane, Bank St., High St.

Yellow: Surrey St., Barkers Pool, Chapel Walk

Green: West St., Division St., Devonshire Green

Purple: Paradise Square, The Peace Gardens

Stations: Sheffield Midland Station, Meadowhall, Cathredral, ????

Utilities: United and Wednesday/Bramhall Lane and Hillsborough

????????????????????????????????

just a thought.....

something to do with the parks would be nice to show off the greenness of the city etc

graves park

firth park

meersbrook park

eccelsall park

endcliffe park

etc

etc

as an aside anyone remember a game called scotland yard, would love the see a sheffield version.... whatever happend to ravensburgh games?

Originally posted by TheRedWizard

I think the availability or not of Sheffield monopoly was discussed some months ago.

It occured to me that on the back of Forum history enthusiasts getting a book republished, it would be a real test of the Forum's collective commercial clout if we could get a Sheffield Monopoly produced.

Possible Arguments being:

Loads of other towns and cities have got monopoly versions, not to mention 'Pokemon' editions and such like, including:

Bath!

Bristol!

Cornwall!

Wigan!

Swansea!

Reading!!!!!!!

Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in Britain!

It also makes excellent commercial sense: huge student population (Newcastle Uni has its own version, for christ's sake!), very high city identity. They would be stupid not to do it, as needs to be pointed out!

Of course, if anyone would care to mention possible 'properties', squares and chance/community chest cards (Chance: Pay First Mainline for Bus Season Ticket, £4000. etc. etc.), then maybe we can influence the game too!!

e-mail (I think): http://www.hasbro.co.uk/index.asp?page=29 but if anyone is better on google, and can find a direct e-mail address for somebody influential then let us know!

I must aggree with you there should be a sheffield edition of monopoly as even derbyshire has its own version now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BM63T4/202-3386159-6583866

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Throw in the winter gardens, cooling towers, meadowhall and Kelham Island instead of the 4 stations.

The £200 you have to pay which is just after the 2nd brown can be parking fine, we all know Sheffield loves those!

Advance to go can be "Park'n'Ride to go"

what would we have in the space were FREE parking is supposed to be, nothing ever in Sheffield is free parking, unless it was made a disabled parking space then every t***t could park on it.

Just taken my arthritic mother to Wickes at Rutland road ( not much of a day out in some peoples mind but she likes looking at light bulbs and bags of plaster )

COuldnt get inthe disabled spots for builders vans, and some dick head in a bleeding JAGUAR who had come for a sandwich.

I think the monopoly game idea is good and someone ought to run with it and get some made.