Sheffield moving to fortnightly bin collections

Yes, but not the 50% Penistone999 stated.

We had 4 black bin collections in every 4 weeks, plus one blue bin/box collection making 5 collections in 4 weeks. We now have 2 collections for black and blue in every 4 weeks, a total of 4 collections.That's a 20% reduction which should be fairly easy for the vast majority of households prepared to make a little effort.

Not content with destroying Britains heavy industries, the silly left now want to destroy the retail sector by insisting we all consume less.

Not content with destroying Britains heavy industries, the silly left now want to destroy the retail sector by insisting we all consume less.

Not really. But you can consume smarter. Try choosing stuff at the supermarket with little packaging. Recycle more. Compost. Leave bulky packaging in the shop.

If you fill one of those huge bins in a fortnight, you really should have a look at what goes in there.

Is this an admission that the right generate more rubbish?

i dont understand the problem, my black bin is collected every two weeks, and its rarely even half full

Hi anyone know whats happening to the Monday black bin collection in s6 with it being a bank holiday?

collections as normal in s6 and other areas

Yes. This has been the case for several years; Bank Holidays do not affect bin collection arrangements.

Yes. This has been the case for several years; Bank Holidays do not affect bin collection arrangements.

Despite the fact that on some Bank Holidays there will be no collection.

Not really. But you can consume smarter. Try choosing stuff at the supermarket with little packaging. Recycle more. Compost. Leave bulky packaging in the shop.

If you fill one of those huge bins in a fortnight, you really should have a look at what goes in there.

I fill one a week ,so i make frequent trips to Deepcar tip when im passing a couple of times a week.

I fill one a week ,so i make frequent trips to Deepcar tip when im passing a couple of times a week.

We know. You tell us all the time.

You are beyond redemption though.

We had 4 black bin collections in every 4 weeks, plus one blue bin/box collection making 5 collections in 4 weeks. We now have 2 collections for black and blue in every 4 weeks, a total of 4 collections.That's a 20% reduction which should be fairly easy for the vast majority of households prepared to make a little effort.

In Sheffield 17, as per the rest of Sheffield, (i'm in Sheffield 11) we DON'T have 4 black bin collections plus one blue-bin collection over a our week period:-

We have one black bin collection every other week, and one Blue-bin/ box collection every other week, totalling just four collections per four-week cycle.

That's precisely 50% less collections per fortnight compared to the level before the changes.

In Sheffield 17, as per the rest of Sheffield, (i'm in Sheffield 11) we DON'T have 4 black bin collections plus one blue-bin collection over a our week period:-

We have one black bin collection every other week, and one Blue-bin/ box collection every other week, totalling just four collections per four-week cycle.

That's precisely 50% less collections per fortnight compared to the level before the changes.

We had 5 collections every 4 weeks, we now have 4, that's a 20% reduction. The difficulty folks seem to be having is sorting out their recycleable rubbish, and throwing too much away!

Whatever the number of collections, it ain't working.

Take a look at the Herries rd. dumpit site queue when you pass, now the hours are reduced also!