Ennis laughs off 'fat' slur

I see the build them up/knock them down brigade are at it again. Jess looks mighty fine to me, in fact she looks amazing. Hope she knocks her detractors for six and wins gold.

http://sportinglife.aol.co.uk/olympics/news/article/22891/7777231/ennis-coach-hit-backs-at-fat-slur

""""Former world heptathlon champion Jessica Ennis has laughed off reports a senior figure at UK Athletics has described her as fat ahead of this summer's Olympics.

Ennis's coach Toni Minichiello claimed that an unnamed "high-ranking person" within the governing body labelled the 26-year-old "fat and she's got too much weight".

Minichiello said the comments came amid perceived intrusion in Ennis' preparation for the Olympics from "people in fairly high positions, who should know better".""""

Angel.

Like you say ,jess looks mighty fine.

What a load of cr*p. For pity's sake, the woman is a world class athlete. If someone really has said that, they should be named and shamed. It's irresponsible remarks like that which makes people have distorted views of their bodies.

Of course Jessica Ennis is fat. She wouldn't snap in half if hit by a leaf. Her bones are obscured by unsightly rolls of muscle, cartilage and other unladylike stuff. She eats food and burns it off, not pukes it out. No modelling agency would touch her.

It's an odd article title, given that there is no comment by ennis - should really be that her coach has laughed it off. Well, laughed it off last November, when he actually made the comments.

Comment from Ennis:

"I'm not going to go into that right now. It's not an issue at all," Ennis told reporters in Gotzis, where she will compete in her only full heptathlon before the London Games this weekend.

"It's definitely a funny one, but it's not an issue."

While Minichiello was concerned about possible distractions as Ennis looks to bounce back from losing two world titles in the space of seven months, the Sheffield athlete added: "I don't think so.

"I think I came into this year expecting different things to happen, different articles and things like that. So I think if you come into it expecting those kind of things then it's not such a shock when you read things like that.

"I obviously see things. Things come up on Twitter and I read things. But I try not to focus too much on reading all the articles; just kind of get on with it, laugh it off really.

"It's not something I worry out. It's not something that's stressing me at the moment so I can kind of just brush it off and ignore it really."

I bet every guy in Sheffield is wishing his wife/girlfriend is as fat as Jess. :D

Regards

Doom

Fair enough - I'm blind

You must be, its like half the article :hihi:

Its late, will let you off :P

I bet every guy in Sheffield is wishing his wife/girlfriend is as fat as Jess. :D

Regards

Doom

I'd rather my other half didn't look like that whatsoever as my other half is a lot better than Jessica Ennis.

Fair enough if yours isn't.

Not interested in Olympics, but Jess is extremely lush (I think that's what they say), she is a little beauty, she's a cracker

Not interested in Olympics, but Jess is extremely lush (I think that's what they say), she is a little beauty, she's a cracker

i would not kick her out of bed for eating crisps!