Alcohol Restriction Zone Approved

Originally posted by InvalidUser

No, I just checked my on-line banking and I'm much richer than the derelicts who hang around swigging from bottles on devonshi1te green....... The poor are responsible for their own plight... We have a great time because we work hard and have no shame enjoying the fruits of our labour.

You are an arrogant, self righteous, thoroughly unpleasant individual .

The alcoholics in town should be shot or rounded up and made to live in Tinsley with the other sub-humans. Anywhere that I don't have to look / smell them is fine.

I cannot quite believe what a thoroughly indecent and unpleasant individual you are........you have a heart full of hatred and loathing don't you?

What are spats?

I'd love some spats. Then I could be just like my hero Vivian Stanshall.

from one of my filthy poems....

. . She was in her lab coat,

I in spats.

Canoodling in Huntingdon,

where they keep the rats..

This new law is very interesting, because until now it was possible to walk between pubs still drinking alcohol. Sheffield was one of the last cities to allow this in England.

However more to the point does this mean that there will be a severe crackdown of drinkers standing outside the front door in summer when it is too hot to be inside the pub. We used to do this outside the sports man and were prevented from doing this recently

well said miniminch :)

admittedly the law is to stop antisocial problems, BUT the majority of antisocial problems are caused by supposedly "normal" people on a night out in a pub or club

not by tramps, winos, general people wanting to sit on a bench in the peace gardens or sit outside a pub to have a drink

yes theres the odd problem with the odd wino but not o the scale of the mass population on a night out

shoot all the tramps, winos and homeless then vote bnp and then start on the gays, blacks, asians, commies

see if all the problems actually end

i doubt it

MOD: It's Christmas, please try to refrain from name calling and gratuitous insults against individuals and areas of Sheffield. There will be bans without warning if this request is ignored.

I admine your love for the un-deserving, you may receive your reward in heaven, but I doubt it.

The alcoholics in town should be shot or rounded up and made to live in Tinsley with the other sub-humans. Anywhere that I don't have to look / smell them is fine.

Merry Xmas to you and all the other bleeding hearts! LOL

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

You are disgraceful. I have some friends in Tinsley and they are not sub-human. Gosh I hope you don't get your karma because it's going to be horrid horrid horrid for you.

Originally posted by intooblivion

Gosh I hope you don't get your karma...

You don't? I do.

I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around.

Originally posted by max

MOD: It's Christmas, please try to refrain from name calling and gratuitous insults against individuals and areas of Sheffield. There will be bans without warning if this request is ignored.

Rich's note: Do what teh Mods tell you, or else!

Season's greetings!

And no, I am not up teh jobsworths'.... Er I mean Mods, arses before Kirky and chums start... :P

Originally posted by Kristian

You don't? I do.

I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around.

Of course, but I'm also a big believer in forgiveness although I don't know why because it gets me nowhere...only frustrated with human existence.

When I was living in Coventry they had these restriction zones and they kind of worked, making the (horribly scary) city centre fractionally safer

it (the ban) seems like a noisy distraction from doing the real work of controlling bars where there is trouble and making sure there are enough police around at nights.

that says they can confiscate closed bottles

no-one buy any wine in M&S then

There's been an Alcohol Restriction Zone in Bexleyheath (where I live), from one end of the Broadway (the main street) to the other, and it seems to be working. As for it affecting the homeless and winos, there's a vagrant who "lives" on a street bench in the Broadway, who never seems to be moved on.

I think discretion is used in most cases, usually when people are drunk, brandishing an alcohol container (bottle or can), and looking as though they may be in trouble if left alone.