Alcohol Restriction Zone Approved

cgksheff

When I was living in Coventry they had these restriction zones and they kind of worked, making the (horribly scary) city centre fractionally safer

it (the ban) seems like a noisy distraction from doing the real work of controlling bars where there is trouble and making sure there are enough police around at nights.

There's been an Alcohol Restriction Zone in Bexleyheath (where I live), from one end of the Broadway (the main street) to the other, and it seems to be working. As for it affecting the homeless and winos, there's a vagrant who "lives" on a street bench in the Broadway, who never seems to be moved on.

I think discretion is used in most cases, usually when people are drunk, brandishing an alcohol container (bottle or can), and looking as though they may be in trouble if left alone.

Originally posted by Ann_x

There's been an Alcohol Restriction Zone in exleyheath (where I live), from one end of the Broadway (the main street) to the other, and it seems to be working. As for it affecting the homeless and winos, there's a vagrant who "lives" on a street bench in the Broadway, who never seems to be moved on.

He's always there - near The Mini Centre and the church.

I've noticed he meets-up with a friend who I've seen get off the 89 (having got on at Blackheath).

Yes the ARZ goes on all the way up to Crook Log, I believe.

:)

P.S: Have you noticed the chap who seems to sit in his wheelchair outside Rainbow in Welling, and is there all the time - eating a McD. I saw him on Thursday evening around 2300h and Friday around 1700h. Seen him around plenty of other times too.

Pity they don't have an ARZ in Bexleyheath - an old wreck of an Amber-Lee bus takes them from the Broadway to Gravesend - why anyone would want to go clubbing in Gravesend is beyond me!