UKIP coming up on the inside!

I always think Nigel Farage does really well on Question Time. Especially when you compare him to the regular childish tactics used by the other parties politicians.

talking of Nigel Farage, sounds like hes been a norty boy using peoples songs without consent tut tut

Nigel Farage came out at the UKIP conference to our song Tubthumping. If ever there was gross misuse of a band's music this is it. Chumbawamba would like it to go on record that we do not support either Nigel Farrage or UKIP. In fact we would go further and say that Nigel Farrage is an arse, his party is mainly made up of bigots and its policies are racist. Hope that clears up any notion that we in any way approve of use of our song

Posted on 09/09/11

Does Chumbawamba hold the copyright, though? If not, it has no say as to whom the holder licenses the song.

Whats UKiP got to offer at a local level?

Without commenting substantively, I can say that its Local Manifesto will be available within the next couple of days.

Just read Nigel Farage 's book "Fighting Bull"...........which talks at length about the freeloading and corruption in Brussels!

I will certainly be voting UKIP at national level after reading that.........highly recommended read!

I haven't read the book but UKIP seem to be changing the level of EU corruption by adding to it;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105274/MEP-Nikki-Sinclaire-arrested-expenses-fraud.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/19/ukip-mep-derek-clark-repays_n_1437835.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/6545334/Disgraced-ex-Ukip-MEP-Tom-Wise-jailed-for-two-years-for-expenses-fraud.html

Does Chumbawamba hold the copyright, though? If not, it has no say as to whom the holder licenses the song.

The band themselves turned down an offer of $1.5 million from Nike to use it in a ad. They have the say in who gets to use it as publicity. Farage would have been better going for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qV5ZzriEak.

But then Conservative-leaning newspapers would naturally say so.

Shoot the messenger? The stories are all false, are they? By denying the reality of UKIP corruption you're just sinking to the levels of the other parties.

no idea, suppose every bands different and it depends on what they sign and what labels theyre on, i know tubthumpings when they signed to the largest tho....EMI

Outside the marginals there are lots of tory seats where labour came third to the lib dems and lots of labour seats where the torys come third to the lib dems. If ukip have overtaken the lib dems then I'd have thought that would result in a fair few second places for UKIP, but no actual seats.

ukip is a protest vote party, when faced with a serious choice the voters will return to one of the big three.

the left wing of the lib dems will revert to labour which will bring up the labour vote, so anyone voting ukip instead of conservative stands a good chance of ending up with a labour mp

Shoot the messenger? The stories are all false, are they? By denying the reality of UKIP corruption you're just sinking to the levels of the other parties.

Er, I neither agreed nor denied anything. I merely pointed-out who benefits from such allegations.

Cui bono!

stands a good chance of ending up with a labour mp

Er, not in Council elections they don't!