Vote lib dem in local elections?

Who the hell do you think you are, you crazy deranged kitchen appliance???? I dont think your stupid name was mentioned, was it? Or are you a bit simple??

DO YOU THINK that you are so important, that I would use YOU in one on my posts????????

This is the second time you have stalked me, and I think you may have a problem. Let it go, I really dont want you. You are too old, and I have standards.

Well the Avatar does say... 'Lets talk about how fabulous you think I am' :hihi:

Delusional as it may be...

Well the Avatar does say... 'Lets talk about how fabulous you think I am' :hihi: Delusional as it may be...
There's a story behind that, which my friends understand - it IS meant to be funny ... do we have another soh bypass here?

There seems to be a problem in that some of us think that we're having a debate, and others seem to think it's a free-for-all for throwing hissy fits and insulting people.

If you go too far, you'll have the mods along, deleting posts and issuing bans. It seemed to me that another poster was referring to both my sig and my thread posts, it seems I was wrong, and although the insulting language, and plethora of ? is a bit OTT, I've apologised for my understandable misapprehension.

Now can we get back on topic?

Edited by rubydazzler
correct typo and edit for clarity

They did do an ok job running the city, better than Labour did/have.

In some ways it seems unfair that they will get punished at a local level for the misdeeds of their parliamentary colleagues. But that's politics and the more the grass roots are damaged the less likely we'll ever be to see the LibDems cast a stain across the government of this country again. A good thing IMO.

It must be pretty disheartening for local councillors if they work hard for their constituents only to have their national leaders **** everything up for their re-election prospects. No point in blaming the electorate, just look at the donkeys leading the parties at a national level.

Maybe the "My father, his father, his father before him etc voted Labour, so I will" brigade finally realised that Labour are useless, but, they voted another useless lot in instead :hihi::hihi:

Abso-bloody-lutely. The sheep who revert to 'my father fought the war so that people could vote...' claptrap is what keeps the politicians in their taxfunder-sponsored high life.

What about the damage these sheep have done, particularly in this region?

It must be pretty disheartening for local councillors if they work hard for their constituents only to have their national leaders **** everything up for their re-election prospects. No point in blaming the electorate, just look at the donkeys leading the parties at a national level.

Completely agree. However given that the Lib Dems have more sway during their annual conference, maybe they should have shouted louder at some of the national issues that have annoyed their electorate hugely and to want to stop voting for them.

On the issues where due to the fact they are the smaller party of a coalition, maybe they should have been more vocal that they couldnt agree with a particular policy rather than stand firm behind the Tories and pretend there was nothing they could do.

Let no one kid themselves. Clegg n Cameron are far more joined at the hip than either party wish to admit.

Edited by green
sp

:hihi:

That may not hopefully be far off what will happen at the local election. :D

A lib dem councillor walks into a vote count, and the adjudicator says... [please post your own punchline]

we've had 14 spoiled ballot papers - the ones that voted for you.

take a bottle back to a shop, it's the only deposit you'll get back.

do you follow the UK in the eurovision song contest?

we're having to count the votes on our fingers, one armed tony's counting yours.

I'd go for a pint if I was you.

etc

Edited by frank ryan

Abso-bloody-lutely. The sheep who revert to 'my father fought the war so that people could vote...' claptrap is what keeps the politicians in their taxfunder-sponsored high life.

What about the damage these sheep have done, particularly in this region?

I beleive the term is sheeple,they never learn and they contuinue to vote for the main parties who have failed them for yrs,sorry no hope for Sheffield while that mindset is in play.

Edited by southcoast

Totally agree. I found myself voting for the lib dems for several years because I thought they were different but as soon as Nick Clegg got into that tv debate and was doing well he seemed to turn into a different person over night and the thought that there was an outside chance the lib dems could do it overwhelmed him and he wanted a taste of power at any cost, even if that meant turning his back on what his party stated they stood for.

They were a party with some difference and while there was little chance of ever being in Government they put their whole into making a difference on a local level, but now the leader of the party has shown how quick he is to change and has let down and disheartened a great deal of their voters I doubt that people will be so willing to vote for them any more and a party like UKIP will step over them and be the third biggest party.

We will have to wait and see how they do in local elections but they did not have huge numbers of voters to start with and I can see their steady climb now stalling, and going into reverse, due to people disgust in the leader. 'Its his fault I tell the !' :hihi:

Edited by hard2miss

we've had 14 spoiled ballot papers - the ones that voted for you.

take a bottle back to a shop, it's the only deposit you'll get back.

do you follow the UK in the eurovision song contest?

we're having to count the votes on our fingers, one armed tony's counting yours.

I'd go for a pint if I was you.

etc

:hihi:

Very good, I had loads going through my head when I posted that but now I fear that someone will be pointing out its 'off topic' and have them removed if I remember and posted them :D