Vote lib dem in local elections?

The Lib Dems did undoubtedly run the City better than previous Labour councillors, but, it was hardly a difficult competition.

Thats the difficult task you have in voting in Sheffield. Its either dire local government or really dire local government.

Don't be such a drama queen. I think you're exaggerating, more than just a tad. Unfortunately, if your taxes have increased, that's because they're trying to help the poorest in society by cutting theirs. We can't have it both ways. If you want to take care of the poorest, you have to be prepared to contribute.

I think something will be done about all these tax avoidance quirks, everything can't be done at once, and then I suppose people will be on here squealing about that and how unfair it is.

I'd be perfectly happy to pay more tax, but not happy for the super rich to pay less - I would happily pay more taxes to increase benefit levels (to the poor that is - not the rich) whether I'm exaggerating will be clear on may the 4th - maybe clegg will be saying 'a very satisfying night ....' but I suspect he will be resorting to 'of course it was a difficult time for us... difficult choices...blah blah ..boo hoo'

I think saved deposits will be seen as victories by clegg's judases on May the third

If Nick Clegg was on fire in Sheffield city centre he could at least rely on you to put him out Ruby ;)
So what you're saying is that the majority of Sheffield people would allow a fellow human being to burn to death because they didn't agree about politics? I have more faith in their good nature than you have, if would seem.

I would even pee on David Blunkett if he was on fire, and he's done more to ruin this city and this country than almost anyone I can think of, other than Gordon 'Prudence' Brown, perhaps. :)

I'd be perfectly happy to pay more tax, but not happy for the super rich to pay less - I would happily pay more taxes to increase benefit levels (to the poor that is - not the rich) whether I'm exaggerating will be clear on may the 4th - maybe clegg will be saying 'a very satisfying night ....' but I suspect he will be resorting to 'of course it was a difficult time for us... difficult choices...blah blah ..boo hoo'

I think saved deposits will be seen as victories by clegg's judases on May the third

I don't mean about the results, I think we can expect the populace to cut off its nose to spite its face a la hard2miss :) I mean the rest of your rather hysterical maunderings about juntas and the NHS.

If Cleggworm and his merry men ever hope to regain the chance the LibDems had, it may be better to remove him and put him on the same bus as Cable. As leading figures of the party that always claimed that transparancy was paramount, they certainly shafted the students in an unbelievable U-turn. Cleggmoyd turned his back on the LibDem electorate the minute he became the un-elected Deputy Prime Munster.

I don't mean about the results, I think we can expect the populace to cut off its nose to spite its face a la hard2miss :) I mean the rest of your rather hysterical maunderings about juntas and the NHS.

we're talking about an election ruby - results are what they are about, it's called 'democracy' - you can console yourself with your own maunderings on friday the fourth when we are a 2 party state again.

So what you're saying is that the majority of Sheffield people would allow a fellow human being to burn to death because they didn't agree about politics? I have more faith in their good nature than you have, if would seem.

I don't know, it depends on if they know its him or not :D

Some will help people no matter what they stand for, its just a pity the party in question did not hold onto those principles before they mingled with the tory ranks and went on the attack of the most needy.

(BTW It was a joke, it shows your a true lib dem if your that out of touch)

One wonders how the Lib/Dems ever got into power in a city that has so many Labour MPs and just one LD.

I suppose it's because the Labour councillors are such as set of Communist dead heads that even Labour voters get fed up of their stupidity and keep voting them out of power. Things certainly haven't got any better since Labour took over the town hall again.

Still you can be sure the voters of this city will always vote for them,talk about brain dead voter fodder.

Still you can be sure the voters of this city will always vote for them,talk about brain dead voter fodder.

I don't doubt some would, but a lot of people that voted for the alternative now don't feel they have that option after being dropped so hard by the party they voted for, so no doubt Labour will benefit from those votes as well.

Labour would not be the first choice of many in this city, but their front runner now run under a banner alien to them, with big doubts on anything they now say, so what can you do? Vote for someone who may not be the best at the job or someone you totally distrust?

Does the goalie pass to someone who may miss kick the ball or to someone that will run over to the other team and pass it to them in your own box?