Ched Evans court trial.

Thoroughly disgusted with Keith Edwards comments on Radio Sheffield today.

Edwards states that he 'feels sorry for Ched'.

Why?

Sorry thet he's been exposed as a sex offender?

Or just sorry that he didn't get away with it.

He violated an incapacitated teenage girl, someones daughter/grandaughter/sister. And Edwards feels sorry for him.

What a scumbag Edwards is. He should be disowned by sheffield United, and sacked from Radio Sheffield.

You should work for the Daily Mail

Ruby is right and this is the key point for me - it is NOTHING to do with football and EVERYTHING to do with Ched and his stupidity. The only tenuous link is that he probably thought because he is a footballer he is invincible and can do what he wants.

Totally agree and am also wondering what this is doing in the football section. If Bill Gates was outed as a kiddie fiddler would it be posted in the computer and tech chat?

Perhaps it is because it was only when Evans and his mate/ brother turned up and started recording the raping that it became acutely clear that she could not be consenting . Whereas with Macdonald it was more her word against his as to what occurred. She remembers neither sexual encounters but with Evans there is actual evidence that she did not consent.

The Evans part was recorded by his brother on a mobile phone. His brother was questioned before Ched knew anything about it, so i guess the police had taken his phone as evidence before it could be destroyed. If the McDonald part wasn't recorded it would come down to his word against hers.

I've heard he was quite a pleasant lad from someone who lived in the same apartments too.

big time charlie who fought the law...and the law won...

Radio sheffield united wont say anything to edwards hes their legend.it wasnt that long he jumped ship n went to radio leeds.when that didnt work they couldnt have him back quick enough

I have tried to be objective about this, despite my obvious affiliation to Sheffield Wednesday

Evans received a phone call in the middle of the night from his buddy, who told Evans that he had picked up a girl.

The two had been out together earlier, were involved in some kind of fracas in a night club. which is when they separated.

Upon receiving the phone call, Evans went to a hotel room with the explicit intention of having group sex with the (semi comatose) teenager.

When he had finished taking his turn to use her body for his own sexual gratification, whilst being watched and filmed through a window by two other acquaintances, he snuck out via the fire escape.

He will probably be out in three years time (which must seem much longer in the nick)

I would say justice probably been done

You should work for the Daily Mail

Why?

What Edwards said was indefensible.

Unless you're defenfing him.

Are you?

I have tried to be objective about this, despite my obvious affiliation to Sheffield Wednesday

Evans received a phone call in the middle of the night from his buddy, who told Evans that he had picked up a girl.

The two had been out together earlier, were involved in some kind of fracas in a night club. which is when they separated.

Upon receiving the phone call, Evans went to a hotel room with the explicit intention of having group sex with the (semi comatose) teenager.

When he had finished taking his turn to use her body for his own sexual gratification, whilst being watched and filmed through a window by two other acquaintances, he snuck out via the fire escape.

He will probably be out in three years time (which must seem much longer in the nick)

I would say justice probably been done

The judge sentenced him to 5 years, the first 2 and half years to be served in prison, the last 2 and half to be on license

Edited by nikki-red

Whose life has been ruined?

That would be Ched Evans' life. Justifiably so, if the guilty verdict was deserved; unjustifiably so if it wasn't.

Someone who believes that jury verdicts are inherently unreliable, will of course belive that his life was unjustifiably ruined.

That would be Ched Evans' life.

People off the street ruined Ched Evans's life? There was me thinking that he'd done it himself - by raping someone.

How long do these appeal processes take? Weeks? Months?

If I'm right, first of all it will be decided if he as a right to appeal. He will need grounds for an appeal, and I think that not liking the conclusion of the jury isn't a grounds for appeal.

Also a frivolous appeal can sometimes lead to the sentence being increased.

That would be Ched Evans' life. Justifiably so, if the guilty verdict was deserved; unjustifiably so if it wasn't.

If Ched Evans learns his lessons for despicable behaviour, it could be agued that there's a chance that he'd come through this a better person.

If I'm right, first of all it will be decided if he as a right to appeal. He will need grounds for an appeal, and I think that not liking the conclusion of the jury isn't a grounds for appeal.

Also a frivolous appeal can sometimes lead to the sentence being increased.

So unless there's new evidence or something dodgy gone off with one of the jurors for example then the decision will probably stand?