Ched Evans court trial.

Thoroughly disgusted with Keith Edwards comments on Radio Sheffield today.

Edwards states that he 'feels sorry for Ched'.

Why?

Sorry thet he's been exposed as a sex offender?

Or just sorry that he didn't get away with it.

He violated an incapacitated teenage girl, someones daughter/grandaughter/sister. And Edwards feels sorry for him.

What a scumbag Edwards is. He should be disowned by sheffield United, and sacked from Radio Sheffield.

How could you hear Keith Edwards above all the noise at Hillsborough today Frank mate?

Strangely enough I don't.

I think your problem is you cant find fault with my arguments thus you play the man. Thats because you don't like the fact that I could well be right.

i think you will find the thread is about Ched Evens and his rape trial.

Strangely enough I don't.

I think your problem is you cant find fault with my arguments thus you play the man. Thats because you don't like the fact that I could well be right.

i think you will find the thread is about Ched Evens and his rape trial.

Am I arguing with you? I know what the thread is all about, all I was saying is that it was strange that such a strong Owls supporter never seems to be commenting with Nervy, Corkers, Pigster, Dobby and the rest of the S6 lads, about footballing matters, yet manages 22 posts (or maybe more now) on this one subject. I was actually asking you to get involved more in the football threads (if you read back) next season as I do to most people on here, because numbers are dwindling. You brought up the extra accounts thing, not me.

Am I arguing with you? I know what the thread is all about, all I was saying is that it was strange that such a strong Owls supporter never seems to be commenting with Nervy, Corkers, Pigster, Dobby and the rest of the S6 lads, about footballing matters, yet manages 22 posts (or maybe more now) on this one subject. I was actually asking you to get involved more in the football threads (if you read back) next season as I do to most people on here, because numbers are dwindling. You brought up the extra accounts thing, not me.

I will make an effort in future, I promise. I admit I am not that strong a supporter (i used to be) from Boxingday 79 to the cup finals I saw nearly every day inc all the FAC Arsenal games. (liam brady best player i have ever seen btw) But when the premiership came along I realised that football was going to be about how much wonga you could bring to the table and thus both Sheffield teams would struggle.

And the CE situation is a manifestation of that move to football being about money and only money. Blunt fans should be on the phone demanding that their club has some moral backbone or are they OK with football being only about money?

How could you hear Keith Edwards above all the noise at Hillsborough today Frank mate?

What a collection of ignorant assumptions.

Keith Edwards said that comment in the pre match build up when talking to Rob Staton, at about 2:10pm.

At the time I was driving to Hillsborough, and listening in my car.

But hey, don't let me stop you trying to deflect the attention away from Ched Evans by arguing with me about why I wasn't at a match I was actually at, or why posters post comment on this thread and no other.

But I would like to hear you opinion on Mr Edwrads comments, if you can be bothered to post about an actual issue, rather than trying to bicker.

As for the case...

I find interesting the judges review before sentencing him

How has a jury found McDonald not guilty, but Ched guilty?

I am not sticking up for Ched, he has been found guilty and now deserves his punishment.

But as I have always said, it should be both or none.

I know we haven't heard all the evidence provided, but from the snippets we have - it appeared that there would be an all or nothing case.

I'm intrigued how they can feel she was able to consent with one and not the other, when they are only (I believe) 15 minutes apart, and Clayton was having sex with her in these said minutes.

If Clayton believes that she was reasonably able to give consent with him, then when Ched had sex, he was a witness to this and he backed his mate up in court, so it stands to reason that a reasonable person believes she was reasonably able to consent.

Ched is guilty in the eyes of the land, and he is given 5 years.... for a rapist, that isn't long enough.

I haven't seen United's stance on this yet, (mainly as I went out shortly after the verdict yesterday) but if they were to stand by him through an appeal (which I don't see how there would be any grounds to appeal) then I'd be absolutely shocked and disappointed in what is meant to be a family club.

Have to say I pretty much agree with this.

Have to say I pretty much agree with this.

Perhaps it is because it was only when Evans and his mate/ brother turned up and started recording the raping that it became acutely clear that she could not be consenting . Whereas with Macdonald it was more her word against his as to what occurred. She remembers neither sexual encounters but with Evans there is actual evidence that she did not consent.

again to me, it looks more like with mcdonald she met and willingly went back to the hotel room, just like anybody meeting and picking up a "bird" BUT with ched he came to the room afterwards, she might not have known that was going to happen or wanted it as such.

plus when they left its alledged mcdonald left through reception and ched left down a fire escape, difference of thoughts about actions?

Perhaps it is because it was only when Evans and his mate/ brother turned up and started recording the raping that it became acutely clear that she could not be consenting . Whereas with Macdonald it was more her word against his as to what occurred. She remembers neither sexual encounters but with Evans there is actual evidence that she did not consent.

I can see your points but I thought they said they had tried to film it meaning they didnt succeed or have I got that wrong ? Apologies if I have.

But surely if its obvious from the recording that she was being raped, the ones doing the recording should also face some sort of charge?

I can see your points but I thought they said they had tried to film it meaning they didnt succeed or have I got that wrong ? Apologies if I have.

I genuinely don't know - the police / others must have seem something though to know there was at least an attempt at recording as clearly the girl wasn't able to say a recording had been / attempted to be made.

But surely if its obvious from the recording that she was being raped, the ones doing the recording should also face some sort of charge?

I would completely agree........but am not in the CPS, or a lawyer, for that matter.