Pure gym sheffield

Busy most times Afternoon ok tho

I'm thinking of moving gyms to save a bit of money. How do I get to have a look around Pure Gym, can I just walk in and ask? Do they have staff there at all times?

All I can see on the website is how to join!

Also how busy does it get around 5ish, would I be waiting for machines? Also does it have a big free weight area and a squat rack?

There's staff there until 10pm? I think, just pop down and press the call button and somebody will come and show you round.

It does get a bit busier after 5pm but you're not usually having to wait for machines. The free weight area is a fair size but again this can get busy, it does have a squat rack.

Yes you can go anytime. As previously stated, just press the button and they will come and let you in. I go there and it's very good although I just use the treadmill most of the time. It can get packed at peak times but during the mornings it's not so bad. That's reminded me I must get off my fat bum and go.....;)

Yes you can go anytime. As previously stated, just press the button and they will come and let you in. I go there and it's very good although I just use the treadmill most of the time. It can get packed at peak times but during the mornings it's not so bad. That's reminded me I must get off my fat bum and go.....;)

By morning what time do you mean? If I went before work, say half 7 ish would it be quiet?

Cheers!

Ermmm...I've no idea to be honest as I've never been that early!!! I don't work so I can go after the school run and it's fairly quiet then but I will log into the website where it tells you busiest periods and get back to you...I'm guessing that it wouldn't be all that busy at 7am but as say I'm not sure!

I've often been past in the VERY early morning (5-6am) and it always looks pretty empty at that time. Also, my fiancee goes after night shifts and says there aren't many people there.

Hope that helps!

I've often been past in the VERY early morning (5-6am) and it always looks pretty empty at that time. Also, my fiancee goes after night shifts and says there aren't many people there.

Hope that helps!

So, a good gym to join then if you:

1 Like cheap

2 Don't mind driving into the city centre

3 Don't mind looking out onto a busy main road whilst exercising and have loads of motorists gawping back at you

4 Are prepared to go at a time when most people are in bed

Think I'll stick to Virgin myself.

1 Like cheap

3 Don't mind looking out onto a busy main road whilst exercising and have loads of motorists gawping back at you

Well done.

1. The equipment is newer than Virgin

2. I live in the City Centre

3. I'm sexy and I know it

4. Mornings are the best time to exercise.

1 Like cheap

Are you a little self-concious Derby? I personally don't mind people checking me out while I'm working out. It's only natural.

Pure Gym have actually approached me several times requesting that I take up residence against one of their carriageway facing windows to increase membership but it's too much of a trek :)