Pure gym sheffield

I've been a member of PureGym, Fitness Unlimited and Virgin. PureGym is by far the best value for money if you will not miss some perks such as a swimming pool / spa and towel handouts. While the other two gyms are all adequate. If you are on a budget PureGym is unbeatable in my opinion. Their equipment was topnotch and multiple pieces of the same equipment means you are never waiting long during peak times.

Some are their classes are not the best though (although that might have change since I left), Virgin and FU were superior for classes like spin, RPM, Bodypump/combat/balance. But like anything, you get out what you put in.

I used to pay less than £16 a month at PG, now I pay 3 times that for poorly equipt alternative. I miss PureGym :(

So, a good gym to join then if you:

1 Like cheap

2 Don't mind driving into the city centre

3 Don't mind looking out onto a busy main road whilst exercising and have loads of motorists gawping back at you

4 Are prepared to go at a time when most people are in bed

Think I'll stick to Virgin myself.

Let's see:

1. Yes, it's great, £16/month, I don't want to use the swimming pool or a sauna etc.

2. I live in the city centre and it's within walking distance of rather a lot of people.

3. And Virgin has some awesome views :rolleyes:

4. Nope, 4pm is fine for me, or lunch time or whenever I want to go.

So please stick to Virgin since you obviously love it so much.

:) I wouldn't say I'm in love with Virgin. I think it's ridiculously expensive tbh and I can fully understand why many people would choose PureGym or somewhere cheaper.

I used to go to a gym in Chesterfield (when I lived there) which was like a builders yard. 2 floors of an old pottery factory full of mainly free weights, but with a few machines in there. They had literally smashed a hole in the floor of the upstairs room and put a fire escape down it to create a 2 floor gym as access was only from the 1st floor. No pool, no sauna, no nothing really - just loads of blokes with necks about 32" thick who could weave an F or a C word into every sentence - even a "Good Morning" came with abuse. :rant: These lads were pumped up on steroids and at certain times of month they'd rip your head off just for smiling wrong. I enjoyed it actually - it was a good gym for me to go to at the time because it was local and I wanted to do some serious weight training. This is how I got the beautiful body I have now. ;)

If I lived in the city centre, or near to it, I dare say I'd join something like PureGym in preference to paying all this extra dosh for things I don't use at Virgin. But, as I said before, the location of the gym is the thing that most determines whether someone actually uses it regularly. And I wouldn't use a city centre gym because I live nowhere near it.

Is that ok with everyone, or should I move house and join PureGym so that I can agree with you?:hihi:

Hi, you can just go to the gym and there's a button you can press, but there's always staff available. They helped me sign up and were really helpful :) I've been a member of Pure Gym for about 5 months now and I really love it there! Seen a difference too and the staff are great! There's no swimming pool but loads of equipment and free classes. I'd definitely go visit the gym, even if it's just to look around it. I personally think you get more than what you pay for £17 a month and there's no contract either which is so much better!

Ermmm...I've no idea to be honest as I've never been that early!!! I don't work so I can go after the school run and it's fairly quiet then but I will log into the website where it tells you busiest periods and get back to you...I'm guessing that it wouldn't be all that busy at 7am but as say I'm not sure!

I'm now a member, went this morning and it seems OK. This section of the website doesn't seem to work for me though so cant work out best time to go.

I'm now a member, went this morning and it seems OK. This section of the website doesn't seem to work for me though so cant work out best time to go.

Why are you worried about what time to go? I've been at peak times and never had to wait for equipment.

People saying they can't go because it's a specific time are just making excuses not to go.

I have been at several times of the day and never had to wait, there is zumba classes there too which are great!!

I have nothing but trouble from them! Charging me full price even though I froze my membership after a injury. Then charged my again after cancelling and as I had nothing in my back at both times I got hit with a £25 fine on top of the £17.99 fee. I even emailed them explaining all about freezing it and being injured and not being about to work therefore no money in my bank. They didn't care and said it was my fault for freezing few days before the fee came out.....well thanks for tell me when I should have froze it and how to actually cancel it when I joined. Rant over.......very very annoyed. Thanks Pure Gym for robbing me.

Save your money but not going to Pure Gym.

I have nothing but trouble from them! Charging me full price even though I froze my membership after a injury. Then charged my again after cancelling and as I had nothing in my back at both times I got hit with a £25 fine on top of the £17.99 fee. I even emailled them explaining all about freezing it and being injured and not being about to work therefore no money in my bank. They didn't care and said it was my fault for freezing few days before the fee came out.....well thanks for tell me when I should have froze it and how to actually cancel it when I joined. Rant over.......very very annoyed. Thanks Pure Gym for robbing me.

Pure Gym has alot of equipment but does not have elite equipment. The sole purpose of the Gym is to offer a low cost gymnasium to a wide range of the public it is similar to Easyjet as in it offers budget equipment for low costs

Save your money but not going to Pure Gym.

I have nothing but trouble from them! Charging me full price even though I froze my membership after a injury. Then charged my again after cancelling and as I had nothing in my back at both times I got hit with a £25 fine on top of the £17.99 fee. I even emailled them explaining all about freezing it and being injured and not being about to work therefore no money in my bank. They didn't care and said it was my fault for freezing few days before the fee came out.....well thanks for tell me when I should have froze it and how to actually cancel it when I joined. Rant over.......very very annoyed. Thanks Pure Gym for robbing me.

For balance, I cancelled by contract with no issues whatsoever. I did this via email to PG and also online through my bank. I provided adequate notice prior to the date of my DD.

It's common knowledge (as well as being written into the fine print of the DD), that the whole process of payment by DD can take 3 days from the moment the BACS request is submitted to the moment the money is removed from your account. It's not like these are a new invesntion so you cannot blame PG becuase of your inadequacy to communicate with your bank / PG and manage your personal admin / finances (in the first instance).

And I cancelled my membership because I went to live in Melbourne, not becasue of any issues with PG, I would join them again if I returend to Sheffers.

Edited by FireFight
Update

can i use my brothers pin to use gym has any body done this thanks