Taking photos in public

They have EVERY right, as the law allows them to do so... as for what reason, ronthenekred gave one possible answer already.. "Children are fascinating, more so than adults."
Anyone wanting a fascination of my kids needs my consent. Its not open to debate or rule of law.

Your missing the point. If he is taking the picture of mine then yes he does.

He needs mine, I don't care what the laws handle is of it.

Did you mention that to Mr Google because if you enter your postcode you can get a photo of your house and probably your car parked in your driveway.

Anyone wanting a fascination of my kids needs my consent. Its not open to debate or rule of law.

Methinks somebody is trolling... but I'll humour you...

How do you actually intend on stopping that said someone photographing your house, lion, little darlings?

...and returning to this little taste of madness, as someone else has already said - what on earth did you think the man had done wrong? He was in a public place, he didn't encroach on your land, he didn't take anything from you. Presumably it didn't occur to you that a life size model lion on your front lawn might attract interest?

People who believe that having their photograph taken steals their souls tend to get called 'primitive'. I think the term could equally be applied to your reaction here.

That's a point. I think he was trying to steal my soul, so I am within my rights if its my belief. There's laws about that sort of thing you know. :hihi:

As for your point about me being mad/mentally unstable I really don't care, you won't change my attitude on it, I reserve the right to not want to be photographed, or my property, and the law can deal with it after someone is arrogant enough to not take my wishes into consideration and does it.

I don't wish to sound big headed if that's how its coming across, but that's how it is.

But Halibut carry on, I don't care for your attitude referring to my mental state all the time and ban or not I will be telling YOU exactly what I think of YOU in a bit.

Methinks somebody is trolling... but I'll humour you...

How do you actually intend on stopping that said someone photographing your house, lion, little darlings?

Trolling ? Now I question YOUR mental state.

Why would you think I was trolling for not wanting some stranger photographing ?

I don't agree with your point of view so must be a troll ?

Trolling ? Now I question YOUR mental state.

Why would you think I was trolling for not wanting some stranger photographing ?

I don't agree with your point of view so must be a troll ?

You make a point, and then avoid all attempts to glean any kind of explanation as to how you'd achieve your aims or substantiate your position.

If you disagree with people opinions, and state as matter of fact that somebody can't do something.. when they clearly can, then refuse to explain either how/why you think the law isn't applicable to you or why your opinion differs.. then yes, you are trolling!

or to put it another way, simply being contrary to get a reaction...

I struggle to grasp the concept of all this. It seems people are happy to take their kids onto a crowded beach and have them run around wearing a swimming costume or at times nothing at all, for all to see. However should someone be taking a photograph and happen to get their little darlings in frame would be prepared to commit acts of violence.
Your logic is that if you were a woman and went out 'tarted up' you cannot complain if your sexually assaulted because you wanted attention.

Someone seeing your kids in a public environment and taking pictures home with them are a totally different kettle of halibut.

Hi Guys,The OP here. Held off chipping in until now. Thanks for all your feedback. I knew it would be a hot topic. It's been a very interesting read I've read all of them as they have come in. I've rally enjoyed the debate, I'm proud it actually made someone also think about his position, You've got to give credit to Joiner Andy:thumbsup: for that top bloke. I got where he was coming form totally and respected all his input.

I'm glad so many of you stick up for us photographers It's sad that photography around children has become a topic at all, but we do live in a world were horrible people do horrible things.

My advice for other photographers, Check shutter speed, check aperture, check focus and check you don't look like a pedo :lol:

take care have a good evening all. :banana::wave:

Your logic is that if you were a woman and went out 'tarted up' you cannot complain if your sexually assaulted because you wanted attention.

Taking pictures is not equivalent to sexual assault.

The same logic would be going out 'tarted up' and someone taking their photo.

How do you think papparazi make such a living? Until they actively cross the boundary of taking away privacy, they are not doing anything illegal. They're free to follow people down the street and take photos.