Taking photos in public

drop me your address hard2miss. i will pop over and take a dozen pics of your house.

it will be worth the assault i get to get you banged up and off the streets. Your a dangerous bloke. the sooner your away from harming people the better.

Are you for real ?

I don't want someone photographing my home so invite them to come and do it ?

I tell you what, you go round with your camera and my house will be the one that someone coming running out of it at you.

If you have a digital camera and can show me the pictures then I will pose for a few shots for you, but if you just want to be arrogant and think people will be bothered just because you hide behind the law or bench press 200lb your mistaken.

He was not legally allowed to do what he was doing but that is irrelevant anyhow because I did not want him doing it.

Yes he is legally allowed to take pictures of the lion. If he was using a zoom lens to capture a picture of you in your house, then I'd concede the point but as he was taking a picture of your lion in the garden, the background capture is incidental.

Now as I explained to tinfoilhat.. if the photographer went ahead and published that picture, with you in your house in the background.. you would have a right for recourse. I dare say, if you were edited out of the window (much like google does) and the picture of your house & lion was published.. you wouldn't have a prayer in court.

He doesn't need permission. It isn't illegal to take photos of buildings*.

* Except in unique circumstances.

Your missing the point. If he is taking the picture of mine then yes he does.

He needs mine, I don't care what the laws handle is of it.

Ah. So, it's illegal to take a photograph of your building, even if the law states otherwise.

i aint arrogant, i just am not bothered by hot heads who think they can break the law.

if i had a camera i would not show you a damn thing. i dont need to hide behind anything. you have absolutely zero rights to stop me or anyone else doing anything lawful in a public space. the quicker you realise that the better.

i could stand in front of you and take photo's of your face and you know what, there;s nothing you could do about it.

is it really so hard for you to understand that.

Ok, snappers have the right to take the picture of a lifesize lion (if you still have it of be interested in buying it :)) but in the background is hard2miss in pink Lycra or hard2miss banging the nanny or some such. Snip snap it's on Facebook or twitter or flicker or god forbid the star.

I can appreciate photography in its many forms but what about the right to privacy ?

Thank you, had the person had real interest then I was in the house and am capable of answering a door. Who knows what I was doing indoors at the time, the fact is its none of any ones business.

The conversation at the front door would have gone 'I like your lion, can I take some photo's'

'Yes you can mate, just let me take my sussies off and ill join you'.

Yes you do have a right to privacy, and if you're snapped in your own home and somebody publishes it you would have the right to recourse.

Where does it mention it needing to be published ?

Are you looking at the same PDF as me?

Just under where it mentions some ones human rights, top right, the next paragraph.

Maybe the Photographers should get life's and have kids if they are interested in children ?

Perhaps they feel some charm, emotion or pleasure in the actions or expressions of humans and animals, or in the case of the person photographing your fibreglass lion; an interesting curio that would make a good photograph.

he didnt decide he didnt have that right. he decided the big bloke with the bright red head shouting at him was a bit of a nutter. and to save the agro he left.

I asked him what he was doing at first, I'm not stupid. He thought I did not have the right to know at first but was soon screaming at me something about liking my lion and being part of some university stuff.

I am fed up of repeating it but had he had the right attitude then he would have had my blessing. I think as soon as someone is behind a lens there is an element of being righteous and being allowed to do what you want. Now I'm sure not everyone is like that but there an element of that. To me it is arrogance.

i aint arrogant, i just am not bothered by hot heads who think they can break the law.

if i had a camera i would not show you a damn thing. i dont need to hide behind anything. you have absolutely zero rights to stop me or anyone else doing anything lawful in a public space. the quicker you realise that the better.

i could stand in front of you and take photo's of your face and you know what, there;s nothing you could do about it.

I can be a hothead myself, usually when some incompetent or inattentive fool nearly drives into us but I agree with what you say up to the last bit. Standing in front of someone taking photographs of their face could easily be unlawful if the subject was clearly feeling harassed and you persisted.

We both know that that is not going to happen.