Taking photos in public

Because there is absolutely no reasonable logic to your position.

You're taking the position that you think it's right to go around beating up anybody you choose, and steal their possessions, yet it's wrong that somebody snapped your little precious? On the pretext of protecting them from something that is only happening in your own mind.

This was post 122.This person has it right.

no i wouldnt, but i would refuse some random person taking pics of my kids while playing in the park, i would find it odd

But the random person could cut the picture out of the newspaper?

Still got your camera then? ;)

just...

nah but on a serious note, was just heading back from co op, some kid was standing in a puddle booting a football at his dad, getting them both soaked. It was hilarius. Am I a pedofile now? (I didn't take any photos btw, this thread has put the fear into me)

No, but physically attacking someone for legally taking a photograph would.

Think about it, Andy. You can't just attack someone for taking a photograph - if someone tried to harm your child or grab them, fair enough, but we're not talking about that, we're talking about a photograph.

Why would a paedophile blatantly take photographs of your children doing something innocuous? My camera's zoom lens would let me take photos of someone from far enough away that they wouldn't know, and I just have the standard zoom lens that came with the camera! It just doesn't make sense that someone dodgy would draw attention to themselves.

i just wouldnt feel comfortable with it thats all, i would find it odd, if a photographer wanted to take a picture of your child wouldnt it be best just to ask the parent? i know i would want to be asked.

Andy, how many paedos have you, personally, seen around school gates? How did you identify them? Do they wear a badge?

17,727 sexual crimes against children under 16 were recorded in England and Wales in 2010/11.

37,225 individuals were registered as sexual offenders in England and Wales on 31 March 2010.

The majority of perpetrators sexually assault children known to them, with about 80% of offences taking place in the home of either the offender or the victim.

This is from the NSPCC website.

But surely you are forgetting. Person takes photo of play ground in park. All children die as a result.

I can only assume that the idea is;"Peadough" takes photograph,goes home,looks at image and indulges in "self abuse " therefore should be assaulted to prevent this.

I saw someone in Graves Park the other day taking a photo of the goats. Just what do these pervs get up to at night? :gag: