Taking photos in public

why is it?

Because there is absolutely no reasonable logic to your position.

You're taking the position that you think it's right to go around beating up anybody you choose, and steal their possessions, yet it's wrong that somebody snapped your little precious? On the pretext of protecting them from something that is only happening in your own mind.

on a saturday the star runs a article called the retro given some peoples attitude things like this wont happen in the future :loopy:

thats not my attitude, i love looking at the pics in the retro. picture this your sat in the park on a bench and your child is playing on the swings, the next minute you see a guy standing in front of your child taking pictures, what would be your reaction? we teach our kids not to talk to strangers so imagine how uncomfortable the child would be with a stranger standing in front of him/her taking snaps. am i the only one who finds this odd?

does having a parental instinct make me a thug?

No, but physically attacking someone for legally taking a photograph would.

Think about it, Andy. You can't just attack someone for taking a photograph - if someone tried to harm your child or grab them, fair enough, but we're not talking about that, we're talking about a photograph.

Why would a paedophile blatantly take photographs of your children doing something innocuous? My camera's zoom lens would let me take photos of someone from far enough away that they wouldn't know, and I just have the standard zoom lens that came with the camera! It just doesn't make sense that someone dodgy would draw attention to themselves.

thats not my attitude, i love looking at the pics in the retro. picture this your sat in the park on a bench and your child is playing on the swings, the next minute you see a guy standing in front of your child taking pictures, what would be your reaction? we teach our kids not to talk to strangers so imagine how uncomfortable the child would be with a stranger standing in front of him/her taking snaps. am i the only one who finds this odd?

Why do you do this ?

Because there is absolutely no reasonable logic to your position.

You're taking the position that you think it's right to go around beating up anybody you choose, and steal their possessions, yet it's wrong that somebody snapped your little precious? On the pretext of protecting them from something that is only happening in your own mind.

beating up? are you suggesting that peados dont exist? are you saying they dont hang around school gates? parks? how do you think they get there kicks?

is that all in my mind? should i not be carefull of strangers? strangers taking pics of my kids?

i would do anything that was necessary to safeguard my children. as im sure most parents would!

Andy

Suppose your kids were in a school play, or did well at sport and the school wanted to take some photos for their newsletter. Would you refuse?

no i wouldnt, but i would refuse some random person taking pics of my kids while playing in the park, i would find it odd

are you saying they dont hang around school gates?

Andy, how many paedos have you, personally, seen around school gates? How did you identify them? Do they wear a badge?

17,727 sexual crimes against children under 16 were recorded in England and Wales in 2010/11.

37,225 individuals were registered as sexual offenders in England and Wales on 31 March 2010.

The majority of perpetrators sexually assault children known to them, with about 80% of offences taking place in the home of either the offender or the victim.

This is from the NSPCC website.