ATOS and where the real money is spent.

Some people like to say a lot of people on the sick fiddling the system. I know that there are a few, and this has to be stopped. I also feel the exorbatant fees, that ATOS chage are extreme. Just so you can see where the real money is wasted. A former doctor, in a quote from the daily mail states:

What's more, they have their own incomes to consider. When I was there I was paid £40 per appointment. If I worked hard, I could earn £4,500 a week.

Some of my colleagues pulled in as much as £5,000.

A French conglomerate, Atos has a £500million contract with the Department of Work and Pensions to carry out checks on patients claiming incapacity benefit.

By Doctor James Brackton.

I just thought people would like to know how there moey is really spent, and blame the real people. Stop the victimisation of the disabled.

Edited by sheff1johnny
sweeping generalisation

The average GP earns over £100,000 a year, the top earning one earns £750,000 (daily mail).

So it's about the going rate for them, good pay for a doctor, but not extreme, especially if it's not £5000 every week.

£500 million @ £40 works out at 12.5 million appointments, you should look at where the rest of the money goes.

The sad fact is most of the medical assesors are not qualified doctors, but are trained healthcare professioanals, (whatever that means)

On the money. I was diagnosed by a Consultant Neurosurgion, under the "new rules" my health is now been checked by an Atos trained healthcare professional - whatever they are.

I despair, spent Christmas and my 62 birthday worried about the outcome, and am still waiting for the results.

Angel.

No they don't. They say "it's the people pretending to be sick that are fiddling the system".

Regardless of whether what they say has any relation to the truth - given the whopping 0.5% fraud rate for DLA (DWP's own figures, from Fraud and Error in the Benefit System 2010/11).

On the money. I was diagnosed by a Consultant Neurosurgion, under the "new rules" my health is now been checked by an Atos trained healthcare professional - whatever they are.

I despair, spent Christmas and my 62 birthday worried about the outcome, and am still waiting for the results.

Angel.

I wish you luck wiith your outcome, if worst happens make sure you get in touch with Citizen's advice bureax, and they will tell you what to do next. Well best wishes

The sad fact is most of the medical assesors are not qualified doctors, but are trained healthcare professioanals, (whatever that means)

That's a problem, I signed the petition against it, but if you want doctors then they have to be paid at a rate that will attract doctors.